Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2007, 09:28 AM

Ok this is kind of detailed, but need some input. We are flying from Indiana to Orlando in Dec. for hubby's 2 week retirement trip. We will be staying a week at beach front condo in Daytona then leave the following Saturday on Glory. Since we need a rental car the first week, here are my two options:

1. Pick up rental car at Orlando airport for week in Daytona. Return to Orlando airport the next Friday before cruise on Saturday, drop off car and stay at airport hotel. Then take hotel shuttle back to airport and meet up with the Carnival shuttle. After cruise take Carnival shuttle back to airport.

2. Pick up rental car at Orlando airport for week in Daytona then drop off at Port Canaveral on Friday evening(looks like Hertz, Avis and Budget allow one-way drop offs). Stay at Port Canaveral hotel and take their shuttle to Carnival port. Upon return take Carnival shuttle back to Orlando airport.

Any thoughts appreciated. Seems like a lot of time between now and December, but also have to help hubby's employer work on his retirement party in excess of 200 people coming. So, I need all the help I can get on making decisions!
Old 04-27-2007, 09:40 AM

Well, duh, if I'd been in the right forum, my questions would already have been answered and I wouldn't have had my previous post.

Old 04-27-2007, 11:42 AM

I'd vote for option #2. The reason being, less driving. Daytona is a about 1-1/2 hours from Port Canavaral, Orlando is about 1-1 1/2 hours from Port Canavaral. Congrats to your hubby and I hope y'all have a marvelous time!!

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, car, carnavalrentalcar, carnival, code, cruise, forums, hire, hotels, orlando, post, review, reviews, shuttle, transfer, transfers