Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2008, 10:36 PM

We need to find parking for a 10 day cruise out of San Diego. Is reserved pre-paid parking the way to go? Any suggestions on where to park or about embarkation for Holland America Ryndam?

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 03-20-2008, 06:28 PM

There is a large parking lot directly across the street from the cruise terminal in San Diego. It is outdoor parking and I am not sure of the charge per day. Probably find it on the net.
My 2 trips into SD with car, I chose Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express that had a stay, park and cruise program. I stayed a night before, first night car park was charged $12, then the week was charged at $7 a night and it was an underground garage. The Holiday Inn lot is roomier for larger cars. Free shuttle to (and from, if you call them when you get back) the terminal, a short ride away from both city properties.(I cabbed back to my car each time as not to waste time).
Much more reasonable that the Holiday Inn Bayside! (which is across from the cruise terminal, and other good stuff).
Hope that helps a bit.
There is also a multitude of airport parking nearby and you can cab over. Again, not too far.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:12 PM

Thanks for sharing your experience NevadaMP. Looks like we won't make it into San Diego the night before; hopefully we'll make Yuma and drive in from there in the morning. So the Holiday Inn probably won't work for us this trip, maybe next time . I guess we'll go for an airport lot and prepay so that we know there'll be a spot for us. The web shows many choices and we haven't gotten any negative feedback so I'll assume they are all pretty much equal. Just counting the days now!!

Closed Thread

Tags
10, 7, airport, cruise, cruises, diego, directly, lot, net, park, parking, port, prepaid, review, reviews, san, terminal