Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2006, 02:01 PM

Hello All~~

I bet there are some of you out there who know these answers right off the top of your head, and I'd be very grateful if you would share your knowlege with me.

What is the approximate riding/driving time between the nearest commercial airport and the cruise ship terminal for the following popular ports: Port Canaveral, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, and San Juan.

Thank you in advance for your help~~

Lana

Edit: Moved to Port Hotels and Transfers forum. RF
Old 02-19-2006, 02:49 PM

Lana, I can help on some:

Port Canaveral from Orlando Airport: 45-60 minute drive.

Ft. Lauderdale from Ft. Lauderdale airport: 6-10 minute drive

Ft. Lauderdale from Miami Airport: 35-40 minute drive, and of course, same for Port of Miami from Ft. Lauderdale Airport.

Miami from Miami Airport: 20 minute drive

Sandy
Old 02-19-2006, 06:29 PM

How far is Orlando airport from the ports of Ft. Lauderdale and Miami? We fly SW and the only direct fly is to Orlando from the Northeast?? Otherwise, we have to change planes and I hate to fly!! Thanks!
DCL Wonder 2007
RCL Enchantment of the Seas 2008
Princess Diamond 2009
RCL Oasis of the Seas 2010
Old 02-20-2006, 08:11 AM

Orlando to Miami is about 229 miles. Driving time probably 4plus hours depending on traffic and the way you drive. I would recommend you fly in a day before if you are going to fly into Orlando and drive. I would bite the bullet and just fly into Miami.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:47 AM

Your right, to far, we are better off changing planes!
DCL Wonder 2007
Princess Diamond 2009
Old 02-23-2006, 06:54 AM

I also am from the Northeast and fly SW out of Albany NY. For our first cruise we took SW nonstop into Orlando and took the Royal Caribbean transfer directly from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral (went on Mariner ship). Transfer was easy and great-no worries! This year we are going on the Freedom of the Seas (also Royal Caribbean) out of Miami. SW does not fly into Miami, but does go into Fort Lauderdale (about 1/2 hr. from Miami). So we will again take the R.C. transfer directly from Ft. Lauderdale airport. Unfortunately from where we live we will have to do a SW connecting flight (either in Baltimore or Orlando). I too am not a huge fan of flying, but we will be there in about 4 hrs. so it sure beats driving over 24 hrs! And we do fly in a day before the cruises just to make sure were there and relax a bit (we travel with kids). When we went into Orlando we took the earliest nonstop flight and even got to spend the day in Disney World! We stayed in a hotel with free airport shuttle service to the hotel, and then in the morning they brought us back to the airport for the transfer-that helps save some taxi money. Good luck in planning!
Old 02-24-2006, 06:29 PM

We are just about ready to book the Navigator/Miami!! We will fly into F.L.! Do you think its better to take a taxi, instead of RCCL transfers? How much would a taxi cost?? We would also like to make a stop at the liquor store? Also, we would like to take the early disembarkment which RCCl offers were you walk off with your luggage by 7am. There is a 9:00am or 11:20am flight out, has anyone ever tried this? Or is it to risky? Thanks again!
DCL Wonder 2007
Princess Diamond 2009

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, albany, canaveral, canvarial, cruise, disembarkment, distance, dock, flies, flights, ft, lauderdale, miami, ny, orlando, port, ships