Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2009, 03:41 PM

P & I will be cruising Alaska R/T via Vancouver in May on Seranade of the Seas. We are looking for a nightly cost around $100. Near a bar since we will be flying seperatly and meting there. Also tips on taxi or shuttle from airport to hotel and also to the port. Thanks!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-26-2009, 09:35 AM

Hi, you can easily get to downtown Vancouver from the airport on a city bus for about $3.50CAD.
It's very easy, and will take about half an hour. It will get you downtown and within walking distance of whatever hotel you're at.
If you want to take a taxi, it's probably about $35 to get downtown.
From your hotel, I'd just take a taxi to the cruise port. It will probably only be about $10 if your hotel is right downtown. But maybe your hotel with offer a shuttle to the ship...

I would just look at expedia.ca at the hotels available and prices.

I'd be glad to help with more, if you need
I've lived there my whole life, and I drive the bus there!

Old 01-26-2009, 01:25 PM

Thanks Teal,
I will arrive late so a taxi will be best after traveling from the East coast.

I will check out the hotels. Someone mentioned a stay and cruise package. I may have a whole day to explore. Any suggestions?

I have read some arrive around 10:30 AM and also Noon and are able to board early. Any idea when the lines start?

Old 03-30-2009, 12:27 PM

Hey, I will be in the same ship as you then . According to my travel agent, it is no cheaper that you fly with Air Canada or West Jet (Assumed you from Canada?)
For $145CAD, the Holiday Inn at Cambie St, Richmond is not bad, have bar and restaurant on site and free pick up from airport and drop off to the Terminal( don't know if they still have this one though)
Or if you like my wife that like to live next to the mall so she can start shopping, the Radisson on No3 rd is the choice for $135CAD
it will be around $35 taxi ride to go to the ship terminal but they do have airport pickup.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, hotel, hotels, port, provide, shuttle, transfers, vancouver