Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2008, 02:21 PM
Any suggestions for a reasonable motel - not trashy or in a bad area - which offers shuttle service from the airport and to the cruise terminal? We liked the Sleep Inn but it's overpriced in Jan.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:00 PM

We stayed at the Amerisuites which is now Hyatt Place on 10th- so the prices have probably gone up, but they picked us up from the airport and shuttled us to the pier in the am.
Have you looked at the Holiday Inn Express, the Embassy Suites or the Renaissance,they are all on the 17th St causeway area- 5 minutes to the port.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:31 PM

I have used Ramada, it provides free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and also free shuttle in the morning to the port, you can't beat that. We stayed there last time for our cruise on princess from lauderdale and I swear everyone in that hotel was going on a cruise the next day, so it was nice meeting people there.

Read and post cruise reviews

Eileen
Old 09-13-2008, 06:52 AM
We had reservations for the Red Carpet Inn in Ft.Lauderdale back in 2005 about 5 weeks after the Hurricane passed thru! The
property was a shambles and still crowded with Gulf Coast evacuees. We moved to the Sleep Inn and paid the price (Excessive) but enjoyed the accomodations!

The Red Carpet, refurbished, would be an affordable accomodation and in nice shape. I don't know anyone that has stayed there since 05. It did offer shuttle services at that time!

BillyBuzzy
Old 09-15-2008, 09:18 AM
How would you rate the Ramada?

Old 09-15-2008, 01:15 PM
We stayed at the Ramada Airport/Cruiseport in 2006. It was a nice, reasonable stay. They offer shuttle to/from airport and cruiseport. It is not close to anything, so don't anticipate a walk to Walgreens or anything like that. There is a restaurant onsite and offers free breakfast in the morning. There is also a nice yacht club with good dining a short walk away. There is a nice pool with a bar. They offered free internet access when we were there. Others on this forum have recommended the SleepInn in Dania - which, according to those here and their website, does have shopping and dining close by; and also has shuttles to and from. We're planning on staying there next year due to the closeness of the shopping.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:30 PM
susanmaz-You will love the convenience of the Sleep Inn,Just be sure to sign up for the shuttle out to the cruiseport at time of checkin. However----They do get their price for the accomodations!! For Ft.Lauderdale I understand it isn't considered too bad.

BillyBuzzy
Old 09-16-2008, 12:18 PM

Ft. Lauderdale during season will be high anywhere you stay. Off season, the rates drop about $100/night. The Renaissance, Hyatt Pier66, Emassy Suites, are really close to the port. In fact, if you wanted to you could walk. It would be a hike, but it is doable. Anything near the intracoastal or beach will be more expensive than inland, but will be in a better location.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm anticipating the cost of the room - - - once again we are sailing during the annual Yacht & Boat Show in Ft Lauderdale... this is why I plan on booking the room on the first day available (51 weeks out). Last time I waited two months, and had slim pickins'. I lucked out with the Ramada at $80/night at that time. Checking on their prices this year for the Yacht & Boat show time showed their prices higher.

Closed Thread

Tags
17th, airport, booked, cruise, fairy, fort, ft, hotels, hyatt, laud, place, ramada, shuttles, st