Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2006, 08:27 AM

We will be flying into Miami Airport on 4/7 and will be spending the night at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami - Downtown. There will be 6 of us traveling together. I am looking for recommendations of transportation from the airport to the hotel and then from the hotel to the port, as well as from the port back to the airport. I have contacted some limo companies that I found from a Google search, but haven't heard back from any of them.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:30 AM

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami many times. I find the easiest is just grab a taxi. They do have some van taxis that could accomodate the six of you. Then a quick taxi ride in the morning to the ship. You will be able to see the ships from the hotel in the morning if you get the right room. From the pier to the airport by taxi is a flat fee of $22 (however they may charge extra for more than two). I don't know which limo company you tried but I have used ABC @ 800-380-1222
Old 01-29-2006, 03:13 PM
Administrator

JoyAnne,

I have had good service from Larry's Private Car and Limo. I haven't used them in Miami though, just in Fort Lauderdale. Limo licensing is really quirky and some companies are restricted as to where they can go. For instance, one company I tried a few years ago could take me from FLL to the Port Of Miami, but not from MIA to the Port Of Miami.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:31 AM

I just returned from Miami Monday. The flat fee from pier to airport has gone up to $24. Beware of crooked taxi drivers that try to charge you the toll when coming out of the pier. It is included in the flat fee, and that is posted right on the window. Many times I have had taxi drivers play that trick of asking me to pay the toll when departing the pier. It is included in the flat fee. I always write down the taxi number and drivers numbers when I get in a taxi. Once I reported a driver that insisted I pay the toll. It wasn't the money it was the principal of it. If he collected the toll from everyone he took out of the pier that day, then that was a lot of money he's sticking in his pocket.

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, cab, cruise, hotel, hotle, miami, pier, port, taxi, transfers, transportation