Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2008, 11:55 AM

Hi
Can anyone suggest a hotel to stay in the day prior and after we do our cruise, leaving from Ft Lauderdale.
We are a family of 6, 4 teenagers *yikes* I know everytime I say it...I get more grey hairs!!
Thanks

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-21-2008, 01:08 PM

If you want to find the closest ones and the best rates, Google 'Port Everglades Hotels' and it will bring up a great list with distances from the port. The best advice that I can give you is BOOK EARLY!!! Everyone else on the cruise ships have the same idea that you do arriving early. Learn from my recent experience...I tried to book about 1 month out and had a REALLY hard time!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-21-2008, 01:10 PM

Thanks so much for the advice
will do that tonite!!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-22-2008, 09:10 AM

We are staying at the Sheraton Yankee Trader prior to our cruise for spring break. Have never stayed there before but have heard good things about it. You can check it out!
Old 01-22-2008, 09:12 AM

By the way....we have 3 teenagers too....that is one reason we picked this hotel...looked like a good place for them on spring break!
Old 01-22-2008, 09:29 AM

We just stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale. The rooms were clean and attractive and included breakfast in their self-serve breakfast room (similar to Hampton Inns). Also, there was a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel, and from the hotel to the pier the next morning.

Sandy
Old 01-22-2008, 09:50 AM

Like Sandy - we stayed at the Sleep Inn and Suites as well. The suites have two double beds and a fold out sofa. It could fit six people - but it would be close quarters.
The hotel is very accommodating. Free Breakfast and Shuttles also help out with cost.
Whichever you choose - Have a great trip!

St. Maarten Hotels & Resorts

2003 Carnival Victory - Western
2004 Carnival Celebration
2005 Carnival Glory - Western
2006 Carnival Glory - Eastern
2007 Carnival Liberty - Western
2008 Star Princess - Alaska
Old 01-23-2008, 11:07 AM

Any of the hotels on 17th Street Causeway will be near the port. I can personally recommend the Renaissance and Hyatt Pier 66. ChucksOK likes Embassy Suites. Sheraton Yankee Trader is on A1A and would require a taxi or rental car to get to, they may have a shuttle from the airport, but not sure if they offer one from the hotel to the port. QueenofCruising stayed there before her cruise. Best wishes and have a great cruise!
Old 01-23-2008, 11:17 AM

Sorry hope you don't mind if hijack the thread, I'm in a bit of a similar problem however we're arriving in Fort Lauderdale after our cruise and intend staying 5 extra days.
I've been looking at this site here but I don't know what areas to avoid, what areas are good etc.
We're just looking for a "nice, clean" hotel. We do intend to do a bit of touring around the area. Is it a good idea go get something near the beach, or near the port or near shopping malls, if there is any.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:32 PM

Thanks for all the advice.
We booked into Sleep Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale
and they will keep our vehicle for half the price of leaving it at the port parking!!

325days and counting.....I can't wait!!!!!!!!

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread