Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2007, 04:17 PM

If I drive from home to the ship in new york city, is there parking there for me to leave my car until I return?
Old 03-06-2007, 04:26 PM
Administrator

Hi lisavet, and welcome to cruise-chat.

Yes, there is ample parking at the Manhattan terminal. Click HERE for more info. This site also has links to additional information about the terminal, including driving directions.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:26 AM

Thanks Lisa for the information. I may just end up taking a motorcoach bus so I do not have to worry about what time to get there and what to do but if I do drive it is nice to know that I will have somewhere to park.

I am going on the spirit May 19th so if I drive do I have to do anything in advace for parking. I have never been on a cruise, just land vacations so this is all new to me.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:55 AM
You may have to compare the round trip taxi/motorcoach ride with the parking fee--not cheap!
Old 03-08-2007, 03:38 PM
Administrator

Lisa, all you need to do in advance is make sure you have enough cash on hand, as they do not take credit cards.

You chose a great day to cruise. There will be two other ships in port with you, which makes sailaway so much more exciting.

(Don't worry -- there will be plenty of room in the parking garage.)
Old 03-30-2007, 06:32 AM
Banned

We sailed on Princess and parked at their port. There was plenty of parking. It was $18 the first day and $19 per day the rest of the week. There was a automated attendant machine that you had to put you card in and either pay by cash or credit card. I know it didn't take Discover. It then validated your ticket and you gave it to the gate attendant as you left. We carried off our own luggage, got off at 8:15, paid the fee, got lost, experienced the traffic, drove over the Brooklyn Bridge, thru Manhattan, thru a tunnel and was out of NY city and on the highway home by 8;40. Not bad and a nice drive. The only way to fly.

Enjoy. It was very nice to be stuck in traffic on the bridge. Gave us a chance to see the city.

Closed Thread

Tags
ample, cruise, cruisereviews, manhattan, parking, port, terminal