Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2007, 03:11 AM

Hello,
coming from Germany we'll reach our Airport Hotel at 6 pm. Our Cruise will start next day at 8 pm. What would you recommend to do in the evening and next morning.
Thanks in advance.
Udo
Old 03-09-2007, 08:16 AM

I would suggest you head to Bayside Marketplace the first evening. There is plenty to see and do there - it is a shopping, dining and entertainment complex on the waterfront. Have dinner there, enjoy one of the open-air concerts or just wander around.

You can also take a boat tour of Millionaire's Row. You can catch one of these trips at the waterfront pier at Bayside. (around dusk is a perfect time to do this)

I would definitely hit South Beach for lunch. Dine at one of the outdoor cafes and people watch or go across the street and spend some time on the beach.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-09-2007, 03:54 PM

Thank you, Nancy,
I think we'll go to Bayside by Taxi an find a good place to stay that first evening in Miami

Udo
Old 03-09-2007, 04:37 PM

How far is Bayside Marketplace from the cruise dock? I wonder if it is walking distance?

Thanks
Old 03-09-2007, 05:09 PM
Administrator

You can't walk from Bayside to the piers. It is close, but not something where walking is a good idea. Multi-lane roads, bridge, traffic, etc. And I'd have to think that someone on foot would be stopped by the police or port security.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:30 AM
Every time we were docking in Miami I was walking to bayside without problems. I would guess it's a 15 minute walk if you're in normal shape.

But of course a lot of things may have changed since ISPS and paranoia struck the western world so I don't know how accessible it is now.

Anyway - I really enjoyed that walk over the bridge and the traffic isn't really a problem if you use your eyes

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-10-2007, 07:26 AM

Walking over the causeway and onto Rt. 1 from ship to Bayside is hard enough, but if you have luggage with you, it makes much more sense to take a taxi.

Sandy
Old 03-10-2007, 08:34 AM
Yes, of course with the luggage its more comfortable to take a taxi.

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread