Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 07:53 AM

We are coming in the night before our cruise and would like to know which would be the better place to stay, San Pedro or Long Beach hotel? Saling on Mariner, March 1st. Any advise would be helpful.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:53 PM

The Mariner goes out of San Pedro. So, San Pedro would be the closest option. However, if you don't mind about a 15-20 scenic taxi drive from Long Beach to San Pedro, I would suggest staying in Long Beach. Long Beach has more to do for entertainment, movies, restaurants, etc... and is more pretty in my opinion. Two good hotels to check out in Long Beach are the Hyatt, and the Queen Mary ship, which also functions as a hotel. They are at the Seaport Village area, with a free shuttle that takes you around. Be careful about where you stay in Long Beach, stick to the seaport village/port area. I actually grew up in the Long Beach area, it is my old stomping grounds. I have never stayed at a hotel in San Pedro, so I can't suggest a hotel there. This is just my opinion. Hope it helps. Lil' Lori

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, closer, cruise, long, pedro, place, places, san, stay