Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2006, 03:06 PM

Can anyone tell me where exactly the Cruise Port is for NCL and what hotels are close. I'm coming in late from the West Coast the night before my cruise into ISLIP and don't want to spend an arm and a leg for a hotel BUT also don't want to stay at a dump. I'm just not sure where it is in relation to, well, anything. Help! Oh, I leave on the 9th of Sept. on NCL Dawn.
Old 07-22-2006, 03:17 PM
Administrator

Your ship will depart from the New York City Passenger Ship Terminal in Manhattan (see link: http://www.nypst.com/.) Specifically, you'll be leaving from Pier 90, located at 12th Avenue at around West 50th Street.

Islip is located on Long Island, which is about 40-50 miles east of Manhattan. I don't have first-hand knowledge of the hotels in the area. What are your plans to get to the pier in the morning?
Old 07-22-2006, 08:06 PM

We are flying in around 7:00pm on the night before. I thought rather than stay in NY in a pricy hotel just to sleep, we would go ahead and stay in the Islip area and take a shuttle to the terminal first thing in the morning. I was hoping in doing so we wouldn't also hit so much traffic. We plan an getting to the terminal around Noon. I would assume we should leave Islip at 9:00 am ish. Thanks for letting me know exactly where it is. That helps. Should I be concerned about getting over to NY from Long Island?
Old 07-25-2006, 07:47 PM
Administrator

Do you have your transportation arrangements yet? The attached link from the Islip MacArthur Airport Web site should be of some help:

http://www.macarthurairport.com/page...ortation.shtml

I've never used any of these services, so I can't comment on them. But, they should be able to give you a good estimate of the time you should allot. Time will vary depending on whether they need to pick up other people, as well.

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, city, cruise, embarkation, info, ncl, ny, port, york