Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2006, 12:27 PM

I was wondering if the Hyatt or the Hilton in Miami are within walking distance to the Bayside Marketplace? Is it safe to walk?
I am staying at either the Hyatt or Hilton (booked through Carnival) and I was wondering.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:17 PM

The Hyatt is within walking distance to the Bay Side. Maybe a 10-15 minute walk. I just stayed last week at the Clarion right next to the Hyatt. You can get on the people mover (free) which is right next to the Clarion and it will drop you on the backside of Holiday Inn. The Holiday Inn is right across the street from BaySide. I have stayed at the Holiday Inn many times. The streets seemed well lighted when I walked from Clarion to BaySide at night with my friend. I do not recall where the Hilton was.
Old 01-30-2006, 07:25 AM

Would you say the people mover is safe in Miami. I stayed at the Clarion last year for the boat show and I know that I would want to walk anywhere. We walked down by the water behind the hotel, and there were a bunch of bums under the bridge they were looking at me like they had never seen a female before. Not trying to startle you just my two sense. We are actually staying at the Hyatt the night before our cruise. I have heard good reviews about it. Have Fun!

Old 01-30-2006, 05:22 PM

hi jenny1
What cruise are you going on on March 4th????
Old 01-31-2006, 10:13 AM

We are going on the Navigator of the Seas to the Western Carribbean. I just got my cruise packet today I am so excited.

Old 02-05-2006, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jascar:
I was wondering if the Hyatt or the Hilton in Miami are within walking distance to the Bayside Marketplace? Is it safe to walk?
I am staying at either the Hyatt or Hilton (booked through Carnival) and I was wondering.
I am thinking about staying at the Holiday Inn on cruise in May. Do you recommend it?
Old 02-08-2006, 06:20 AM

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn many times. It
is very conventiently located close to the pier and right across the street from BaySide Market which has restaurants, shopping, and entertainment. No need to spend money on taxis to go out to dinner, just walk across the street. The Holiday Inn has a small bar, and a restaurant. In the morning if you don't want to eat breakfast in the restaurant you could go over to BaySide, or about 1block behind HI is a MacDonalds. When you go down by the water next to Hard Rock Cafe at BaySide you can see the ships lined up on departure day. The taxi ride to the pier from HI just cost me $12 for six of us.

Closed Thread