Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2007, 09:58 PM

Hi to all fellow cruisers...

I want to warn others of a scam. I organized a limo to take our group from the airport to our villa - 10 minutes away - then to the cruise terminal the next day - and back to the airport after the cruise was over...I paid Mike from EXECUTIVE VIP LIMOSINE AND SEDAN SERVICE the quoted amount of $325.00 USD the night he picked us up from the airport. The next day he drove us to the terminal and gave specific instructions: When you get off the Glory clear customs, come outside and call me and I will come to get you. We did just this...BUT...he would not answer his cell phone...when we called his OFFICE his wife/girlfriend told us to go F*** ourselves. We ended up hiring another company to come and pick us up for another $125.00 USD. I called Mike and asked him to reimburse my money and he said he would...a month later I called him and he said he hasn't got around to it when I asked his last name he stated "JONES" original. The big thing about this story is my father has a very bad heart and our close friend is dying of cancer, mike really put my dad at risk as the stress and temperatures almost made him have another heart attack...this unfortunate event also placed a cloud over our memory with our terminal cancer friend...nice going Mike...we were so cooperative with him and were so flexible for him....Please pass this on to any other people who may be caught up in this awful display of bad business. His phone numbers are---

His name is Mike and he has a white limo that fits 10 people. I have never been disrespectful to Mike or his company and I believe one should stick to their word. If Mike ever pays me the money he promised I will write and release this information to this forum...
Old 10-06-2007, 12:40 AM
Hi cropper, sorry to hear about your experience, it was obviously very upsetting.

What made you pick this limosine company, did you see and ad ? or find them on the internet ?
I only ask because when you google the name you gave ....I can't seem to find the company on the internet & as you know there are lots of limo services out there.
When I look at the port canavel web site they have a long list of limos but don't seem to have the one who treated you so badly.....because I was going to suggest that if you found them on some recommended directory you take your complaint to the directory owners.
If you know it ....please post this companies internet address so we can avoid it and once again so sorry that you had such a stressful time.........regards jack2007
Old 10-06-2007, 06:30 AM
Administrator

Never pay cash for this type of service. We always use a limo or shuttle that takes a credit card. Then you have recourse if something goes wrong.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:55 PM
Let me tell you about our limo experience out of New Orleans. We were a family of 13 cruising on the Conquest in 2005. I wanted it to be a memorable trip so I arranged for a Limo. When I enquired I was told the year of the limo was a 2001 or 2002. Since I was getting the best price I had been quoted I accepted that it was not a 2005. They were very accomodating and did not take credit cards. This was good for me as most of us were flying standby (son works for airlines) Knowing that there was a chance we might not make the planned flight I did not want one that reguired a cc and if we did not show up we would be charged.

The limo was to pick us up and take us to our hotel. The next day take us to the ship and then return us to the airport after our cruise. Each leg of the trip would be paid at that time and not all at once. When we arrived we called the limo co as directed and were told our driver was at the airport and to sit tight. We did and he showed up. Very nice and pleasent. We walked out to the limo area and I was shocked to see the age of the limo (old) but we were on vacation and I was thrilled to have my family together. One flight was late so it was determined he would return for the rest but of course for $65.00 more. All the luggage would not fit anyway.

The next day some said they would take a taxi as the limo smelled. We were delivered to our ship and paid the driver. He said he would be waiting when we returned. He was and with his wife who drove a truck to deliver all our luggage to the airport as it would not all fit.

After our cruise he was waiting. I was upset at the condition of the car. He said it had been used for a party the night before and no time to clean it. Dirty glasses and ashtrays (yuk!)
Again he was very pleasent. At the airport I asked the driver...what year is this limo? He said 1998 and it looked it!

When we returned home I wrote to the company telling of my displeasure with the limo and the fact that I was lied to. I said the driver was very nice and I only had an issue with the age and condition of the limo. I said I did receive a service and therefore I did owe something but I felt some sort of refund was in order. I thought I was taking my family in this beautiful stretch limo. Boy was I wrong.
At anytime I could have ended my dealings with them since I was paying leg by leg but at the time I had the "don't worry...be happy" attitude.

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, bus, canaveral, clearing, cruise, customs, marco, polo, port, portcanaveralcruisecom, princess, scam, shuttle, terminal, transfer, venice