Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2007, 09:14 AM

SonnyV, I remembered Samantha Brown had done a show on Barcelona in her Passport to Europe series. I looked on the website and here is the link. She has a link within her review for the hotel she stayed in. Maybe this might help.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:24 AM

Sonny, I am quite fussy when it comes to hotels. I would not book anything less than a 4star hotel, even for a one night stay. Make sure you do lots of research before you book. Don't rush in you have got plenty of time.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:24 PM

Good advice, Kentishgirl. I feel the same way as you do with hotels. I just got off the phone with American Airlines, and they managed to get me a flight out of Barcelona on the same day the cruise ends. So, my wife and I won't have to spend the night in Barcelona.

Sonny

Old 10-11-2007, 05:46 AM

Does that mean you won't have any sightseeing time?
I am regretting not doing a couple of days in Barcelona before our cruise. Guess if it looks good we will have to go back!!
Old 10-11-2007, 07:52 AM

If it was post cruise I would do some sightseeing, but after a 14 night cruise my wife will be anxious to return home. My wife and I will have more discussion about staying in Barcelona. I don't have to decide on our itinerary until next Friday. We're really not an avid sightseeing couple.

Sonny

Old 10-11-2007, 08:24 AM

I know how your wife feels. 14 nights is long enough. We rarely go away more than a week at a time now, unless of course we decide to go back to the U.S.!!
Old 10-11-2007, 08:35 AM

Hi Sonny
We were on the Voyager in September. It was fantastic but let me warn you about the taxi drivers. Not one of them can speak or even try to speak English. We've never done this and did'nt know what to do. We asked (at the airport) about 20 taxi drivers for help - in the end we figured it out that we were suppose to go to the first taxi in the line. the other simply will shake their heads and in the beginning we had no idea why. Before we could even asked if they speak english they said NO. WE had a night post cruise in Barcelona. WE stayed at Apsis BCN Events - a 4 star. was very nice - no problems. I have no idea what it cost because our travel agent made a mistake with our flights and they booked us into a hotel for their account. the hotel is between the airport and the city.
Have a nice cruise
Sanet
Quote:
Originally posted by Sonny V:
I booked a 4/12/08 transatlantic from Ft. Lauderdale to Barcelona. This is my first transatlantic cruise. I have to spend the night after the cruise in Barcelona, and need some input. All the prices I checked on are over $300 per night,and the nearest hotel to the airport is about 15 miles.

Sonny

Closed Thread

Tags
barcelona, cruise, hotel, lines, reviews, rialto, spain