Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2005, 02:26 PM

My husband and I will be sailing on the Norwegian Dream from Houston on Nov. 12, 2005, and we wonder whether anyone would like to share a cab with us in the morning from Hobby Airport to the NCL dock? NCL does not offer a transfer from this airport. We could also share a cab on the return from the ship to the airport.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:29 PM

(New User). Hi, I'm shocked to hear NCL does not offer transportation. According to their website they do offer transportation at a $20/person fee (according to my travel agent). Are you taking the Western Carribean cruise? We'll be taking the Western cruise in Jan. so far I am concern about all the negative feedback about the ship. I contacted NCL and they've said that all the issues (engine problems) have been resolved. Please keep me updated on these to issues. Thanks
Old 09-08-2005, 04:21 PM

Sorry, just got off the phone with my travel agent, she said NCL doesn't offer transportation between Houston Hobby and the port, only from George Bush International Airport. Sorry again.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:57 AM

I have learned that transportation from Hobby Airport or from Houston to the ship and back can be done by taxi, or by rental car ordered from the Enterprise Rent A Car office in Seabrook, TX phone (281) 474-4466. This was good for us because we wanted the car a day in advance. One Enterprise office will deliver the car to us at our hotel in Houston, and we return it the next day to the office in Seabrook and they will take us to the ship. On the return, they will have a representative in the NCL terminal to provide a car for us, and we will return it to the Enterprise office at Hobby Airport.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:11 PM

All problems with the Dream's engines have NOT been solved. We just disembarked yesterday and they were working on one engine as we cruised (according to the captain) and one is still not working........again, according to him in the "meeting"............but the cruise went smoothly.......some felt a bit slowly. We missed a port, but that had been planned by NCL as they told Sitka in June they would not be there for the rest of the summer (even though they kept marketing that port throughout the entire travel season). Anyhow, the ship is moving through the water on the engines it has and there were no more engine problems. Most "problems" were that passengers are more than unhappy with NCL's dishonesty regarding Sitka being cancelled and their lack of communication. We just decided to have a good time and we did.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:05 PM

If you are really cruising the NCL Dream you need to google NCL Dream engine problems. I just cruised this boat with 28 friends on Oct 14-22 and we only made one of our 4 ports due to engine problems that they have been having since February of 2005. We rec'd a call the day before to tell us one(1) port had changed and our departure was postpond by 8 hr. we were offered $100 on board ship credit and were later advised that even with perfect water the ship could not make it's ports as we did not have enough engine power. 900 out of 1100 passengers signed a petition due to NCL corporate handling of the situation. On Sat Oct 22 the ship went back out to sea at 4pm with 1100 new vicitms of the "Dream" which was nicked named the "Nightmare". I hope you do not get caught in a bad "Dream" like we did. Good Luck! FYI - The local FOX tv station ran a story about it just last week in Houston. bab3122
Old 10-30-2005, 06:55 AM

Thanks so much for taking the time to let us know.

Closed Thread

Tags
2005, houston, ncl