Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2007, 04:16 AM

Does anyone have any recommendations for a hotel near Port Everglades in February. I know they will be expensive but we are looking for a place to stay that is CLEAN and convenient to the cruise port. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:16 AM

Does anyone have any recommendations for a hotel near Port Everglades in February. I know they will be expensive but we are looking for a place to stay that is CLEAN and convenient to the cruise port. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:42 AM

There are many that are close to the port. We stayed at the Renaissance the year before last, very clean, great staff, right across 17th street causeway. The Hyatt Pier66 is right on the Intracoastal and has a great restaurant-the Pier 66 bar and grill, ChuckOK likes Embassy Suites which is a little west of the port on 17th street causeway. You can get an all day pass on the water taxi for $10/pp, it's a great way to see Ft. Lauderdale. If you take it, make sure you go all the way to the end, there's a great restaurant called Charlie's Crab. If you like shopping, get off at one of the stops on Las Olas Boulevard. Have a wonderful time!
Old 07-16-2007, 08:34 PM
moonie- I see you are coming in from Cape Coral-If so you might be interested in staying at the Sleep Inn in Dania,Fl.-you can arrange to park your car there and they will transport you to the ship in the morning/pick you up upon your return. If you fly into Ft. Lauderdale-they will also pick you up upon arrival and return you for departure. Breakfast is included! Not a bad deal. It is next to a Walgren's, a minimall, and several Fl. Banks.

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 07-17-2007, 04:27 AM

Thanks so much for your suggestions. We have a group of 18 and everyone will be flying in with me being the only person driving. I had been looking at Comfort Inn and Comfort Suites but have read so many bad reviews about them, I was getting a little nervous. I will definitely check these locations out.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:57 AM

We stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites in Dania last year, and are booked there in Oct and March. The free shuttle pickup from the airport and to the cruise port till 11:00PM makes it so easy. The hotel is very clean and nice rooms. They also serve a very nice deluxe breakfast. There is a wahlgreens next store an a grocery across the street, along with restaurants in walking distance.It is only about 3-6 miles from airport and cruiseport.

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 08-07-2007, 06:10 PM

I am with a group of 60 flying into Ft. Lauderdale in Feb. We are staying at the Ramada Airport/cruiseport and they have been very helpful. Transfers, breakfast and all that stuff. All the reviews I've seen give me the feeling this will be a good property. The cost was better than some, higher than others but for high season in Florida feel it is in line.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-07-2007, 06:32 PM
Yes, the Ramada Inn Airport/Cruiseport is a great accomodation, very convenient to both. Enjoy!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 08-07-2007, 06:43 PM
We stayed at the Ramada Airport/Cruiseport last October. It's out of the way for touristing, but if you're not planning extra days, it was great. Shuttle from the airport, shuttle to the pier, breakfast buffet every morning. There's a restaurant onsite, food available in the bar and a great restaurant down the back at a marina. LOTS of cruisers. Reasonably priced for the area.

Closed Thread

Tags
breakfast, cruise, embassy, everglades, evergladeshotels, fl, fly, good, hotel, inn, port, post, reviews, sleep, suites