Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2008, 06:08 PM

I apologize if this has already been asked a million times but we're staying overnight in San Diego in November 2008 before a 14 day Panama Canal/South America cruise and we're hoping someone has had luck with a hotel close to the cruise terminal yet near good food, interesting sites etc. which they can recommend. We're hoping to find one with transportation to the ship but that might be too much to ask!!! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-22-2008, 07:00 PM

I stayed here.

They have airport shuttle. The airport is less than 2 miles. The cruise terminal is across the street. You can walk from the hotel to the Gaslight district and to the Seaport shopping complex, or take a quick taxi. The walk to Seaport is along the water.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Administrator

I am currently in San Diego on business and am staying in the Gaslamp District. I agree with Cruise Fanatic's choice of hotel that is closer to the terminal. While the Gaslamp District is lovely, it is pricey. There's also a lot to do near the pier. I walked over there this afternoon, and it was quite nice. Enjoy your planning!
Old 11-27-2008, 03:31 PM

We stayed at the Best Western Royal Palms and it was walking distance to the cruise terminal and they also offer free transportation. It's not a discount hotel, though, so you might try Hotels San Diego for some other options in the area.

Katie
San Diego
Old 11-28-2008, 09:31 PM

We stayed at the Bayview Inn. It is downtown and close to the cruise ships. this photo was taken from our balcony there. They will shuttle you to the ship, or do as we did and walk.

Here is a link to more photos.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, diego, hotels, reviews, san