Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2006, 05:19 PM

Ok thought I'd raise a new topic for Miami airport. I did find one topis starter but it was from a few years ago. Looking for information on Miami Airport to the dock. What do you think its the best way to go? Shuttle, taxi, etc. Anyone going on the Western Caribbean cruise leaving out of Miami on the Victory? October 21, 2006. God you all must be sick of me asking! hehehehe

Old 10-07-2006, 06:08 PM
I believe Carnival offers a free shuttle. You could give them a call to see if they still do and where to catch it.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......
Old 10-07-2006, 06:19 PM

Carnival charges $14 one way/$28 round trip. A taxi is the fastest way to get to the pier. It is a flat fee of $24. Carnival transfer are free only if you purchased their air with your cruise.
Old 10-07-2006, 06:40 PM

Hi All!

Thanks for the tips, I'm not sure "Fast" is anything I worry to much about in this case. My airplane gets to Miami at 10:50am and the ship leaves at 7pm which I BELIEVE means that we cannot even start boarding until 4:30pm in the afternoon. Maybe Dale and I should think about taking a little tour around Miami. Though knowing me, I'd find some sort of music going on and miss the ship!!

So looking forward to this trip away with Hubby! For a young couple os 37 yes (Me) and 34 years old (Husband) we've been to the Caribbean many times, he has never been cruising though I have, and we have NEVEr been to United States! Strange isn't it! Folks, I tell ya, the reason is we are so busy that when we do get away for a week to the Caribbean, we hit the all inclusives, and relax. Maybe we can take a look around Miami when there though. In Canada, we go through U'S Customs before heading out of the country.

Have a great night! I look forward to checking this site! Great information for all us New Carnival people! I just can't wait to give a review on everything when I get home!

Tracy

Old 10-08-2006, 07:51 AM

The cruise you are going on is a special one time eight night cruise. The departure time is different than the normal 7night cruise. So the boarding time may be different, but I think you probably will still be able to get on earlier than the 4:30pm. To kill some time in Miami, you might want to check out BaySide Market or the Aquarium.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:10 PM

Somewhere that I read and I can't find it now, (May have been on the Carnival site for my cruise) I'm positive I read embarkation was from 4:30pm until 6:30pm. I really should check it out and find the page just to make sure. I was talking to the Mother in Law and Father in law today and they said Miama is WAY too dangerous for us to cab around!! 1heheheheheh Ok just we are canadian, and they are super Valley people! heheeh I on the other hand travel all over canada, Caribbean etc! Nothing really scares me. I don't travel down a dark alley in New York City at 4am. Play it smart I say! My in Laws worry too much! Sweet people though but they've never been out of Ontario or really out of the Valley where we live! Thanks for the tips on what We can do while in Miami! We really want to grab a cab and tour around a little!

Old 10-08-2006, 08:07 PM

Tracy,
I know your documents say boarding is at a specific time. In most cases they always start earlier. When cruises are scheduled to depart at 4:00pm the paper work usually says boarding starts at 1:00pm. I have been onboard as early as 11:30-12:00noon. Be sure you fill out your pre-registration online at www.carnival.com under Funpass.
Old 10-08-2006, 08:09 PM
You could try one of these sites maybe do a private tour guide
http://www.portofmiamishuttle.com/?g...FRzoPgodsF0pBw
http://www.shuttle.ht411.com/
http://www.gmcvb.com/visitors/tourmiami.asp
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 10-09-2006, 07:12 AM

You can check out South Beach as well. You can tell your in-laws it's a relatively safe place as it is marketed nation-wide. It's also a really neat place to spend some time.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:39 PM

Hi all!

Yes my In Laws are alright with us going yet they just don't travel like hubby and I. We live in a small town. Thats great to know about boarding early! I did find where I was thinking I saw 4:30pm and it was on our boarding pass. 4:30pm until 6:30pm. Well I guess we can try getting there early. I'd love also to see a bit of Miami!

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, carnival, cruise, dock, hotel, maiami, miami, port, post, review, ship, shuttle, taxi, transfer, transfers, trasfers