Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2007, 08:00 AM

We are booking our own transfers for the miami port, any suggestions on what to take? there are 5 of us. We are looking also to fly into Fort Lauderdale any suggestions on motels there or Miami?

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-22-2007, 08:00 AM

We are booking our own transfers for the miami port, any suggestions on what to take? there are 5 of us. We are looking also to fly into Fort Lauderdale any suggestions on motels there or Miami?

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-22-2007, 08:29 AM
Administrator

Top Shuttle.
Old 07-22-2007, 10:26 AM
Banned

Suggest flying into Miami International rather than Ft Lauderdale, unless your using Southwest Airlines into Ft. Lauderdale for air fare savings. From Miami International to the Port Terminal is only 15 minutes. Miami Dade County taxi's have a flat rate to the Port Terminal of only $28.00, for the cab, not per person. You should have no problem getting to the ship by departure time and no problem back to the airport after returning providing you give yourself ample time with flight planning. Of course if you have tons of luggage, two taxi's may be required or the use of a "shuttle service".
Old 07-22-2007, 12:24 PM
Administrator

I must admit that while I have a long-standing dislike of MIA, on our last cruise we flew in and out of MIA and it was actually pretty decent. No lines, the staff was less offensive than usual, and the planes were on-time. We only got shuffled from one gate to another 3 times, and those gates were next to each other. So all and all, not bad.

FLL is a more pleasant airport, but it is more expensive for the transfers to Dodge Island than it is from MIA. 5 people and their luggage may be a strain for even two taxis. I'd really recommend a shuttle, such as Top Shuttle which I already recommended. A nice full-size van and they pull an enclosed luggage trailer so you aren't crammed in the van with the suitcases. They also charge a flat rate for the van, and will be there when you return from the cruise. No need to fight over taxis or stand in a line.
Old 07-22-2007, 03:18 PM

I can also recommend Tri-County Airport Express for transfers from FLL to Port of Miami. While the transfers are more expensive than from the Miami airport (as Dave has already mentioned), I often find that the cheaper cost of airfare to FLL is well worth the transfer expense. (Not just on Southwest, but it holds true for many flights out of the Cleveland area).

As for hotel in FLL or Miami - what time do you arrive in FLL? If it is a late night arrival, I would definitely suggest staying at a hotel in FLL that offers complimentary shuttle service from the airport.

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-22-2007, 07:27 PM

Thank you for all your suggestions, they helped very much. We haven't booked our flight yet, we keep looking for a sale, but have to book soon. We are flying in day before so we dont miss the boat or panic that we might

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Good choice1 I suggest flying into MIA. Perhaps call a local travel agent on nearby hotels that are in "good neighborhoods" can be very scarey to stay in the wrong place.

Closed Thread

Tags
miami, topshuttle