Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2007, 11:34 AM

Scenerio... Carnival Spirit out of San Diego.... Disembark on Friday, live on East Coast. Would have to get a flight at noon or before to arrive home on Friday, any flight after noon will get me home on Saturday . Really don't want to take risk of trying to get to airport before noon and definitely don't want to miss flight. Only other option is to get hotel in San Diego on Friday and get an early am flight out on Saturday. Slight problem with that..... Hotel check in is usually between 2 and 3 pm. What am I going to do with all that time in between and with all that luggage ? Is it possible to request an early hotel check in (maybe around noon) without having to pay for two days? Any suggestions?
Old 04-14-2007, 12:48 PM
We called our cruise line and asked...if it says arrival time is___ at this port, what is the earliest flight time out of___you would recommend (take into consideration allowing at least an hour-two for check in time. For us it wasn't a problem to catch a 1:30 flight where we were going to be. I however, would not do an all nighter on an airplane! Once was enough. We have never had a problem checking into a hotel early there is always something already clean. Google a hotel near the airport and they usually have the complimentary shuttles to and from the airport. Or get a quote on taxi fares from the pier. Enjoy a beautiful evening in San Diego- wish it were me!

Closed Thread