Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2006, 01:45 PM

Has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn or the Intercontinental at the port of Miami? I can get both for the same price and we are only there 1 night and want to go to Bayside Marketplace. Thanks for your help!
Old 10-18-2006, 02:14 PM

There was an earlier post about this hotel in this topic stating that they had stayed there and recommended it. There have also been quite a few posts about the Holiday Inn, most have been positive. One post stated they got more at the LaQuinta. Best wishes!
Old 10-18-2006, 02:31 PM
Administrator

If Bayside is important to you, you can't get much closer than the Holiday Inn - it is across the street.

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Coral Gables in June - it was a great hotel but really quite isolated and a little too sedate for me. I think I'll return to Miami Beach and the surrounding area for next summer's cruise.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:01 AM

We've stayed at both and the Intercontinental is so much nicer, the Holiday Inn isn't close to the same class. As far as Bayside, it's a short walk through the park along the Bay. I stayed there in May with my teenage son, and I was alittle nervous because of the experience we had on an earlier trip with all of the homeless people in this area before. However it was very pleasant and we felt safe. We walked to Bayside at night and early in the morning for breakfast. When we stayed at the Holiday Inn, it was something else. The rooms were small and the hotel was not impressive. I know it has changed hands since then, but if you can get the Intercontinental for the same rate, that is what I would do.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:35 PM

Looking at staying at the Days Inn Downtown/Port or Springhill Suites Miami Airport South. Any comments about either?
Old 11-12-2006, 07:20 AM

We are looking at staying at the Intercontinental. For those that have stayed here, how far to the port/cruise terminal is it? Also, can you watch the ships come in from this hotel? Also, are there good restaruants onsite or close by?

1992 MV Royal Majesty
1993 MV Royal Majesty
1996 Sun Princess
2007 Liberty of the Seas
2010 Navigator of the Seas
2010 Radiance of the Seas

Closed Thread