Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2007, 09:01 AM

cheapest way to get from orlando to cape canaveral. thought i would ask the experts

Free Cruise Clocks
Old 01-19-2007, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by jmybufet1:
cheapest way to get from orlando to cape canaveral. thought i would ask the experts

Cheapest way will depend a lot on how many people you are. The Cruise lines and commerical bus last year was about $25/person. However there are many many taxi servies that do it also. At the time it was about $105 and you could fit 7 people in the taxi. If you go by bus it will stop at 1 hotel and then the next and then the next and finally get to the pier multiple hours later. If you take a taxi you go direct to the pier, maybe stop if you want to pick up some Pepsi, you get a nice patter from the driver and when you get there you still have full control of your luggage. I used OrlandoTaxi, Owner was Marty. His number if you want is 877 261 4200. I will use him again for cruises out of canaveral even if ity is just my wife and me. We were late returning and he was one of the few Taxi's that waited for us. One of my fellow employees used Taxi also, different driver and company but was also satisfied. You can email him also through his web site. Try www.orlandotaxi.com
Old 01-19-2007, 11:44 AM

Well I decided on renting a car one way. We have a family of four and it was cheaper to rent a minivan and drop it off at the AVIS company than it was to take the cruiseline shuttle (One way rental was $61 for me). We also figured we would not have to wait for the shuttle to fill up before it headed out and on the way back we plan on hitting Disney World for a couple of days so having th ecar is good there. The rental companies are close to the port and provide continuous shuttles to and from the port and the rental company.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 01-19-2007, 01:04 PM

Renting a car is also what I found to be the cheapest way. All shuttles I found were $160 and up. I found to rent a car in Orlando, drive to the Port and turn it in before the cruise was $50. The on return the reverse trip was only $47 for a total of $97 compared to the high prices of shuttles.

Closed Thread

Tags
canaveral, cape, cruise, disney, gurus, orlandotaxicom, reviews, transport, world