Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Frase:
Ok, maybe my mind was (is) doing tricks on me. I checked the Port of Miami's official website again, and the price is $15 per day to park
I could have sworn I saw $20 per day to park

Still.... $15 per day to park there is still quite high. That works out to $120+tax for a one week cruise (they will charge for 8 days).
It is $20. as of Oct 1st
http://www.co.miami-dade.fl.us/porto...directions.asp
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 10-04-2007, 07:56 PM
You are right LHT28. Once again, I checked the website (using the link you provided) and it is back to $20 per night. That is way too much! I must find an alternative to parking at the port.

The Cruise-Connection bus shows promise. Also, renting a car one way, then back, the other way is another idea. And also there is a parking facility nearby that charges only $8 per night. I'll look into all these ideas.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:00 AM

Frase, this might not hold true for Miami,but.. We purchased off-site parking last year in Ft. Lauderdale. When we got there, it was a total mess. There were cars parked in the street, on top of each other, in a very bad area. There were people who had been standing outside waiting for over 2 hours to get their cars out of the lot, a line out of the door of people with prepaid reservations and the clerk yelling that there were no spaces available. I didn't even bother going through the line. We got back in the car and drove to the port. We used their parking in Port Everglades. It was expensive, but...it was covered parking, it was inside a secure area, cars were parked in normal parking places and it was very easy to get the car out once we returned. When we got back, I was surprised, but the off-site company did refund the money and sent an apology email. That part did impress me, but I would never do that again. At least I have some peace of mind when I leave my car at the port. Granted I don't drive a very expensive vehicle, but it would really hurt if it were stolen. Just something to consider.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:02 AM
How much is airport parking? Would that be an option to park at the airport and then take a taxi? I know our parking at the airport is $5.00 to $7.50 per day. I will be curious to find out the best place to park as my daughter and family will be driving to Miami from Tampa on Nov 4 and they are not looking to spend that much.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-05-2007, 11:56 AM
SanDee:

I don't know how much it would cost to park at Miami International Airport. The last time I parked there was 7 years ago and back then it was $10 per night. I would imagine the price is higher now.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:30 PM
The airport parking is worse YIKES
http://www.miami-airport.com/html/parking_at_mia.html
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Old 10-05-2007, 10:23 PM
I am still looking for a cheap way to get to the Port of Miami from Orlando.

So far here are my three options:

• Rent a car one way to Miami. Go on cruise. Return from cruise. Rent a car one way back to Orlando.
  • Go on Cruise-Connection bus round trip from Orlando to Port of Miami.
  • Drive my car to off-site parking facility near Port of Miami (Penny3333 warned against this option).[/list]
Old 10-06-2007, 07:45 AM
We parked at the Embassy suites hotel without a problem . The car was there for 32 days & in the same spot & condition (well a little dirtier) than we left it .
It is secure lot ...we parked near the front of the building as they have a concierge there & hopefully would notice if someone tried to break in.

or take the bus for Orlando

FUTURE CRUISES:
Old 10-06-2007, 10:58 AM
LHT28:

32 DAYS!! Wow! Did you go on one of those "World Cruises"?

Did Embassy Suites charge you for each day?
Old 10-06-2007, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Frase:
LHT28:

32 DAYS!! Wow! Did you go on one of those "World Cruises"?

Did Embassy Suites charge you for each day?
LOL no world cruise ..I wish
It was a B2B on the Panama canal cruise DH does not like to fly so we stayed on the ship for the return to MIAMI

I booked through http://www.airportparkingreservations.com/
They charge you a $5. fee but they have arrangements with several off -site parking lots.
We paid Embassy Suites upfront ( $6.p/d) and they give you a parking tag to put in your window.
they do have a shuttle to the port for a small fee but we took a taxi for around $30.

I just booked a space for next year at the same location. we usually stay outside of Miami the night before a drive in before noon to get to the ship in the afternoon.
It is an option.
They also have Cruise & stay package there and you get free parking for 7-14 night (not sure) if you stay the night before .

FUTURE CRUISES:

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, close, cruise, cruising, discount, everglades, garage, miami, options, park, parking, port, rates, site, tax, terminal