Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2007, 04:29 PM
So far I think the cruise connection bus is the cheapest. It is $75.00 I beleive or is that one way? If one way then it is not the cheapest. Renting a car will be cheaper than driving your own and paying $160.00 parking but not as convenient. If you were going on the 4th like us I would say hitch a ride with us but you are leaving after us.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:06 PM
LHT28:

Thank you for your reply and your advice.

Sandee:

The same for you. The $75 for the Cruise-Connection bus, is for a round trip. I'm not sure if they would charge you for just one way. There are two things that make me hesitate on booking with Cruise-Connection:
  • I don't know how strict they are with their luggage policy. They "suggest" no more than one checked suitcase, one folding garment bag, and one carry-on. That should be no problem for me to do leaving for the cruise. Returning home.... I might have another piece of luggage with souvenirs.
  • The bus will be waiting at the port that morning to whisk me straight back to Orlando. I really wanted to take my time getting back. Maybe visit some of my friends and family in Miami.[/list]Oh well, one atvantage to taking the bus is I could probably get some sleep and save myself some stress that comes with driving myself to and from Orlando to Miami. And save some money on gasoline and wear-n-tear on my car. Something to think about for sure...
Old 10-06-2007, 08:15 PM
I wonder if it would worth it to fly from MCO to MIA?
You would have some flexibility in your trip, no stress of driving
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 10-06-2007, 09:33 PM
The other thing I noted with the bus is it is about an 8 hr trip. I think by car it is only about a 4 hr trip. Also I thought it said arriving at 5pm. Our ship leaves at 4pm.
Old 10-07-2007, 09:32 PM
SanDee:

That doesn't make any sense for a bus to take twice as long to Miami as a car (maybe one hour longer if the bus driver drives slow). And it wouldn't make sense for that bus to arrive one hour after the ship departed. I will have to call them up to find-out more details of how their bus operates. Especially with regard to their luggage restrictions, too.

LHT28:

Yes, flying from MCO to MIA would make getting there allot easier and much faster (4 and a half hours by car or 45 minutes by plane) . But that would probably be the most expensive option (in terms of transportation). And the luggage would have definite restrictions imposed by both the airline and TSA (security).

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, close, cruise, cruising, discount, everglades, garage, miami, options, park, parking, port, rates, site, tax, terminal