Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2005, 08:10 AM

Does anyone know the availability of taxis at the Galveston port for the debarkation process? We are sailing from Galveston in November and are debating leaving our vehicle at hotel or parking at the port parking lot. Availability of taxi upon return will help make that decision.

Thanks for any info. you can provide.

Robert

Edit: Moved to Port Hotels and Transfers. RF
Old 10-26-2005, 08:10 AM

Does anyone know the availability of taxis at the Galveston port for the debarkation process? We are sailing from Galveston in November and are debating leaving our vehicle at hotel or parking at the port parking lot. Availability of taxi upon return will help make that decision.

Thanks for any info. you can provide.

Robert

Edit: Moved to Port Hotels and Transfers. RF
Old 10-26-2005, 10:21 AM

There are taxis, but they are looking for the long runs to the airports. I would park at the cruise terminal itself. You can get off the ship and simply walk right to your car.

Tom
Old 10-26-2005, 10:39 AM

Tom,

That was my suspicion and one reason I posed the question. Thanks for the input.

Anybody else got any input?

Robert
Old 10-26-2005, 11:46 AM

Have you already booked your hotel? Some of the Galveston hotels offer shuttle service to and from the pier which may be another option.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-26-2005, 02:03 PM

Nancy, we have booked a hotel but I can get out of the booking with no problem. I haven't been able to find out which hotels offered a shuttle service so if anyone has input I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Robert

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, galveston, ground, hotels, port, reliable, service, taxi, taxis, terminal, transfers