Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2006, 09:19 AM

My wife and I are cruising in a few months from Athens to Venice. In my research it seems that getting from the port in Venice to the Hotel Flora is not an easy chore. It seems we need to take a private water taxi to the Trinita' and then find our way to the hotel, The cost looks like about 75 euro. If anyone has any suggestions they would be appreciated. Thanks.
Putins
Old 03-01-2006, 05:28 PM

Hi,
it is easy to find your hotel Flora in Venice. I will you describe the way:
first you take the shuttle bus from the port to the Piazzale Roma. There take the vaporetto (waterbus) no. 1, to the San Marco stop. From the waterbus stop the hotel is only three minutes' walk. You can also take a watertaxi. Take only licensed taxis which can be recognized by the yellow stripe along the side of the boat and a number, and to agree upon a fare prior to boarding. The price will be about 60 Euro.
Have some nice days in Venice
Uwe
Old 03-02-2006, 09:34 AM

Hi, I found this describtion to fin your hotel:

Hotel Flora overlooks the quiet Calle dei Bergamaschi, and is only steps from the Calle XXII Marzo, between Campo Santa Maria del Giglio and Campo San Moisè. This narrow street, also called Via XXII Marzo, leads directly to Saint Mark's Square, only minutes away, through one of the most striking approaches: the Ala Napoleonica, at the base of the Procuratie Nuove and the Procuratie Vecchie, which today houses the Museo Correr. Beside the Hotel is the Palazzo Contarini Fasan which according to tradition was the home of Desdemona, the tragic heroine of Shakepeare's drama "Othello".

A short distance from the Hotel are the Teatro la Fenice, which will reopen in a few months, Ca’ Contarini del Bovolo with its famous staircase, Campo Santo Stefano and the Gallerie dell’Accademia. From Campo Santa Maria del Giglio you can cross the Grand Canal with the gondola-traghetto and in a few short minutes you will find yourself under the volutes of the Chiesa della Salute, built by Baldassarre Longhena, or enjoying the masterpieces of the Peggy Guggenheim Collection.

The links to the hotel ist:
http://www.hotelflora.it

Have a nice day
Uwe

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, distance, dock, fenice, flora, forum, hotel, italy, la, order, port, teatro, terminal, transportation, venice, walk