Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/embarkation-ports-hotels-transfers/)
-   -   Need help with Fort Lauderdale hotel - March 25/11? (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/embarkation-ports-hotels-transfers/36621-need-help-fort-lauderdale-hotel-march-25-11-a.html)

jargey3000 02-27-2011 09:03 AM

Need help with Fort Lauderdale hotel - March 25/11?

I know I'm a bit late but we've just booked cruise out of Fort Lauderdale for sat. march 26/11, and I'm having touble finding a reasonably-priced and -located hotel for 1 night March 25/11.
Any help, tips, suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks all!!

susanmaz 02-28-2011 11:28 AM

We really liked the Sleep Inn in Dania. It was clean and comfortable. They offer free shuttle from the airport and to the cruise terminal. They offer free breakfast buffet. They share a parking lot with a Walgreens so you don't need to fiddle around with the TSA small container restrictions.... we just bought everything there. There is also a Winn-Dixie grocery store across the street in a shopping center that had a few really good restaurants. Dania is about 5 miles from the port - because of the distance, it is much less expensive than the hotels nearer. Good Luck and have a great cruise.

peter l 02-28-2011 02:34 PM

Depends on where you may want to stay and whether you want just a place to sleep and not near any of the scenic areas. We have stayed at the Sheraton Yankee Clipper and most recently at the Best Western Oceanside Inn..Both OK..The former is more expensive now than in the past...Both are close to the ocean and things to see and do and do not provide service to the cruise port.

Peterl

jargey3000 02-28-2011 02:50 PM

thanks.
susan: what are "the TSA small container restrictions"???? I have no idea what you're talking about :)
also - yes, all we want is clean, reasonably-priced accommodations with free or cheap transportation to the boat.

Cruise Fanatic 02-28-2011 02:54 PM

Define reasonably priced. $150 a night? $200 a night? It is Spring Break time you're looking at.

jargey3000 02-28-2011 02:59 PM

good question! for what we want - maybe 3* - 3.5*?
I'd LIKE to find something at $99 - $119, but realistically, maybe $129 range.
Am I out to lunch?

Sandy 02-28-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jargey3000 (Post 285866)
thanks.
susan: what are "the TSA small container restrictions"???? I have no idea what you're talking about :)
also - yes, all we want is clean, reasonably-priced accommodations with free or cheap transportation to the boat.

Susan is referring to the amount of liquid you're allowed to carry onto an airplane: 1 quart bag, 3.6oz containers, etc. If you are checking your luggage, you don't have to worry about carry-on restrictions.

peter l 03-02-2011 09:16 AM

Sleep Inn Dania, that gets lots of referrals, shows 2 dbl beds for 2 adults with Cont B/F and free transportation at a starting price of $149...You can always google Fort Lauderdale Hotels and then work the list for what you want to have included and work from there..Then you can ask for recommendations based on your pick. We had this hotel on our list but then changed our minds as we wanted to be closer to the beach and things to do as we got in early the day before our cruise.

Good Luck

Peterl

billybuzzy 03-05-2011 03:19 PM

jargey3000...If you are looking for accomodations in Ft.Lauderdale that will offer you an Airport pickup and a Cruiseport morning drop off you might also consider the Ramada Airport/Cruiseport.......the Ramada is slightly less costly than the Sleep Inn!!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy