Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 08:54 PM
Okay guys I need all your help...4 of us (3 adults & 1 child) will be doing a NCL 7-day Alaskan cruise. We are flying out to Seattle, WA & will be needing a hotel that offers hopefully FREE pick up from the airport, take us to the port the next day for the cruise & then pick us up after cruise for the return flight home or stay back to their hotel. We we love to stay within walking distance of the Space Needle since we will not have a car in order to get to some of the places we would like to visit. Any & all info is welcomed.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:03 AM

I'm not sure about this, but given the distance from Seattle-Tacoma International Airport to Downtown Seattle, I'm not sure if there are courtesy shuttles.

As far as geographic location that you're looking for, the Quality Inn and Suites - Seattle Center, and the Comfort Suites Downtown / Seattle Center, are within walking distance to the Seattle Center Monorail and Space Needle.

Also, you may want to consider posting this in the "Embarkation ports, hotels, and transfers" thread.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 05-08-2010, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Also, you may want to consider posting this in the "Embarkation ports, hotels, and transfers" thread.
No need. Already done.

Let us know how the planning goes, MACLEODC. I wish I could help, but I haven't been to Seattle (yet).
Old 05-08-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LisaP:
I wish I could help, but I haven't been to Seattle (yet).
Hi Lisa. Definitely try to get to Seattle in the future. Having lived in the area, I can say that it's a great city. I'm actually taking a vacation (non-cruise) in June to accompany my grandmother back home to Washington state, and may spend a few days in Seattle, and a few days with my grandmother. She actually lives on the Columbia River in a small town called Longview, closer to Portland than Seattle (2 hours to Seattle, 1 hour to Portland from Longview)
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 05-10-2010, 11:12 AM

I'm interested in this as well, except I don't really want to stay downtown. Close to the airport would be fine. Would especially be helpful for a hotel that would shuttle from port to hotel...then to airport the next morning. I'm looking at the Airport LaQuinta Inn. Planning to call and ask them about the shuttle thing.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Administrator

The Doubletree across the street from the airport offers a cruise special periodically, which includes a shuttle to the port. Nice hotel too - but huge. It was a several minutes walk from our room to the lobby. Good restaurants and free wi-fi in the lobby.

However they don't provide return transportation from the pier to the airport. There is a very efficient shuttle and taxi service at the pier. We had reserved a limo with them but there really was no need. We could have bought bus tickets right there and stepped aboard and been off to SEA in minutes. Instead we had to wait for our limo.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:53 PM

Here is a link to some cruise packages.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:06 PM

This is a wonderful link...thank you so much!!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Administrator

That is a good link!

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, alaskan, cruise, disney, free, hotel, hotesl, pick, seattle, sedan, transfer, wa, wifi