Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2011, 06:03 AM
Thumbs up Orlando
Thanks Dave-in that case, it's www.aaa-access-transport.com; phone is 407-832-1650
Old 11-22-2014, 07:43 PM

Wink
I would definitely recommend the Residence Inn in Cape Canaveral (8959 Astronaut Blvd, Cape Canaveral, FL 32920). Very good hotel. They provide a shared shuttle to the port the day of your cruise. Very convenient. It has a very good rating on Tripadvisor - Residence Inn Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach (FL) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor
Last year we stayed at the Residence Inn near the Orlando International Airport (7024 Augusta National Dr, Orlando, FL 32822). I thought it was a very nice hotel as well. They provide a shuttle from the airport. I don't really know which option is more convenient (staying by the airport or staying by the port the night before the cruise), but Residence Inn would be a very good choice no matter which option you choose.
As far as transportation...i tried both, the cruise shuttle and the private transfer and would definitely recommend to book a private car. We use Star Trans-VIP ( Shuttle to Port Canaveral | Transportation from Orlando to Port Canaveral ). Very good company. What i like is that they don't charge my card and i can pay cash to the driver (or i can pay with my credit card if i choose to do so). We have used them 6-7 times and they did a great job every time except our third transfer when the driver arrived 20 min later than scheduled (which is not a big deal).
I just read a post here about Cocoa Beach Shuttle (someone is complaining about their services). I personally have never used them myself, but saw good reviews on cruisecritic.com
Old 11-22-2014, 07:48 PM

ohhhh...2011!!!!!! Wow...obviously the person who submitted this question doesn't really need my answers any more

Tags
canaveral, carnival, country, cruise, day, flying, hotels, inn, mco, offer, orlando, port, shuttle, suites, transit, transport, transportation