Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2011, 05:51 AM

Default New Orleans
We have never cruised out of New Orleans before. We will be driving there and spending one or two nights before the cruise. We found that some hotels offer free parking during the cruise if you stay the night with them. Any suggestions on a good place.....we want to see some sights while we are there. Thanks!

Carnival Elation 1/13
Carnival Conquest 3/12
Carnival Elation 8/11
Carnival Victory 9/10
Carnival Conquest 5/09
Carnival conquest 5/08
Old 03-30-2011, 10:07 AM

Chateau Bourbon is really nice. However, a friend of mine stays at the Best Western in Slidell which is just across the river from New Orleans. He told me it was much less expensive than staying in New Orleans. You might also check into the Embassy Suites. Hope this helps a little.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:29 AM
Talking New Orleans
Mush like GOCRUZ, we have never been to New Orleans, and we're planning our next Spring Break cruise to get us up to DIAMOND status on Voyager! Is the airport close to the port so that a taxi would do, or is it far enough away to use RCI's bus, or something else anyone could suggest? We have cruised on Mariner three times before so we're looking forward to seeing if there is much difference between the "Old Girl" Voyager as opposed to the "Newby" Mariner
Old 05-22-2011, 03:42 PM

It is about 17 miles from the New Orleans airport to the pier. There is a Airport Shuttle and it is approximately $15 per person. A taxi will be a flat fee from airport to pier of about $28 (with two people) plus a $1 fuel surcharge. If more than two people then $12 pp. It will take approximately 45 minutes.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:38 AM
Cool New Orleans
Cruise Fanatic, when you say "airport shuttle", do you mean RCCL's bus, or is there another shuttle run by the airport itself? If the airport, how are they contacted, by phone way before you get there, or can you get them upon arrival that day?
Old 11-15-2011, 10:42 AM

Jim, I am referring to an airport shuttle. The last time I went to New Orleans we just grabbed the shuttle to the French Quarter without making prior reservations. I remember a big sign on the wall with rates at the time. Try this link
Old 02-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Talking Follow-Up
I recently booked our transportation from the airport-port-airport, and I checked both the Airport Shuttle service, and RCCL's bus. At the current time, they are both the same price, $19.00(US) each way per person, or $76.00 round trip for two. I, therefore, being the lazy slug that I am, booked the cruise line bus; give them the bags at the airport, and the next time you see them is in your cabin later on that evening. I did NOT check the taxi fare; again Mr. Lazy took over my research. If it's anything like Port Canaveral's bus, they are very comfortable and clean.

Tags
airport, airportnew, carnival, cruise, elation, free, hotel, offer, orleans, parking, pier, post, reveiws, review, reviews, service, shuttle, tour, transfer