Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 10:30 PM

Default Galveston IAH to Terminal Transport
My family of 4 plan to arrive at IAH on Saturday morning and we need to get to Galveston. Can anyone recommend a ground transportation service to get there? The only car rental company is Enterprise, and they are closed Sunday.

We then plan to stay in a hotel in Galveston. Can anyone recommend a family hotel? Do they offer a courtesy shuttle to the terminal?

We planned to use RC ground transport back on the following Sunday. But that would cost $200. I understand a towncar or limo would be only about $120? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 04-07-2011, 07:32 AM

Galveston Taxi, Galveston Shuttle, Limousine, Town Car Airport, Limo, Port of Galveston, Texas It may be less expensive to do RCI's transportation. Are you sure it was $200 one way and not round trip? They normally have a package you can purchase for hotel and transfers. Sometimes it works out to be less expensive, sometimes not. Galveston is a good way from Houston. This might help you find a hotel: HotelGuides.com - Real deals. Real service. Real easy. Everyone that I know has driven to Galveston, so I'm just using search tools to help. Maybe someone on our board has specific information.

I do hope you and your family have marvelous weather and a fantastic cruise!
Old 04-07-2011, 09:11 AM

Can't help much with the airport to Galveston thing.... I always drive my own car. But the hotel- There are several hotels on the island that offer shuttle service to the ship. Holiday Inn will let you park your car (for free) in their lot and shuttle you to the hotel. However, the prices fro hotels on Galveston island are higher compared to those inland. We normally stay at something closer to the Johnson Space center area and then drive the last 25 miles in the morning.

$200 for a limo seems high. You can park a car in Eazy Cruz parking for $50 for the week if you reserve a spot on line. You may consider looking at renting a car for the week from the airport and using it both ways and parking it. OR stay at a hotel near the airport and stay overnight and then go back to the airport to catch the Cruiseline bus.. (not sure how much that is) Many of the hotels close to the airport offer shuttle to and from the airport. So that way you only have to pay for the cruiseline bus...

Lot's of things to price out. Good luck!
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 05-10-2011, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danhe2000 View Post
My family of 4 plan to arrive at IAH on Saturday morning and we need to get to Galveston. Can anyone recommend a ground transportation service to get there? The only car rental company is Enterprise, and they are closed Sunday.

We then plan to stay in a hotel in Galveston. Can anyone recommend a family hotel? Do they offer a courtesy shuttle to the terminal?

We planned to use RC ground transport back on the following Sunday. But that would cost $200. I understand a towncar or limo would be only about $120? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
You need to contact with local treader for this but towncar will be the best option for you. And there are so many family hotels at cheap rate as like Commodore On The Beach,Holiday Inn Galveston On The Beach both are best hotels for family.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:09 PM

Default What Did You Do?
Hi Danhe2000. Can you share with me what you chose to do and how much it cost? We are looking to sail the Carnival Magic again and she'll be out of Galveston soon so we're trying to figure out how to get there economically for a family of 4.

Thanks!

CamperMom

Tags
bus, car, cruise, galveston, hotels, iah, offer, port, public, rental, service, shuttle, terminal, transport, transportation, whart