Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2011, 12:42 PM
OK, so Top shuttle just called me to confirm my reservation from The Port of Miami to FLL. Quoted me $85.00 for 2 people. I asked about sharing a van to lower the cost and she said I would have to call them when we dock to see if there is a shuttle to share. Has anyone else heard of this? I assumed this could be arranged before the cruise. I do not feel like waiting till the last minute top make arrangements to FLL. I want to know before we get on thew ship that arrangements are made. I have used TOP SHUTTLE once before but it was for a party of 11 or 13 so we had the lowest price. Now I feel like I am back at square one and we leave Friday. Any suggestions?
Old 11-28-2011, 01:50 PM

Try this one
Old 11-29-2011, 01:57 PM
Thank you Cruise Fanatic. I tried to call them but wouldn't you know it, they are closed today (Tues). I did send in my requests so hopefully I will hear from them tomorrow. $30.00 for 2 from FLL to Miami is very good! Same for return. Now, what is a normal gratuity for two people from FLL to Miami? Do I base it on distance, luggage, cost?
Old 11-29-2011, 03:21 PM
SanDee......SAS provides shuttle service from/to FLL to Miami Cruiseport for only $15/pp each way....Give them a try!!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 11-29-2011, 05:23 PM
billybuzzy that is who I am talking about. Unfortunately they just emailed me and the port of Miami to FLL is not a problem but we are staying in Coconut Grove and they said they do not go (that far south) so still looking for transportation from FLL airport to hotel.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:52 PM
SanDee....It looks as if You have overshot Miami completely......My Plan won't help!!!Sorry...Best of Luck to You!!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy

Last edited by billybuzzy; 11-29-2011 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 11-30-2011, 04:23 PM
Yes, I do not know how we ended up in Coconut Grove but it is what it is. Unless something changes our plan is to wait till we get to FLL airport. We fly nonrev because our son works for the airline so no guarantee we will get on the flight. That is why we are leaving 2 days before the cruise. I have checked into the rail system between FLL airport and Miami airport and right now I think we will take that for $5.00 pp and from Miami airport we will take a taxi. Then take a taxi to the port. Our return is booked through SAS shuttle at $15.00 pp. This all works out cheaper than the rental car plus hotel parking plus return to FLL airport.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Thumbs up
In just 6 hrs (4:30am) and we will be off to the airport for our 10 day cruise. Oh the excitement of every cruise! As usual always a million things to do. I have OCD and cannot leave without my house being spotless so needless to say I am still cleaning and have a little packing to do so I think I will be up the rest of the night. We stayed up till 4am last night to prevent this tonight but it did not happen. I will be dead tired when we get to FL but at least my house will be clean when we get home. Is anyone else out there like me?

Tags
airport, budget, car, cruise, fare, fee, free, hotel, miami, parking, port, rental, shuttle, taxes, taxi, weeks