Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2012, 06:09 AM

Question Cruise Air info??
Is there a section on CR to discuss this...pros and cons,,specific questions answered,etc??If not,,maybe good to start,,as the river cruise section.May take awhile to get going,but know I have questions conc.my AMA cruise and airfare.

Have taken cruise air and booked on own,,but this one is confusing.With airlines I never heard of,,date changes,,,airport times,,etc...Also,,have found out most online travel sites DONT handle separate air,,just thru cruiseline.Any ideas?
Old 01-17-2012, 06:43 PM

I'm not understanding what you mean online sites don't handle separate air. Do you mean cruise only websites? What kind of questions do you have? The times and dates on air is always the time and date of the destination you are leaving or arriving at respectively. For instance if it says you are leaving Miami at 11:00AM on 2 Jun and arriving in Rome on 3 Jun at 6:00 AM it means exactly that. The air schedule has already taken in consideration and allowed for the difference in time change between the destinations.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:27 AM

Question I mean asking other posters questions re cruise air...
for instance,,specific airline questions and their experiences..like did you ever fly Asiana air,etc?

Internet vacations booking sites,,,like vacationsto....com,,abbreviated...just offer cruise and not separate travel agent to deal with booking air on own.This will be my 3rd different booking site,,and told me they only book assoc.cruise air and to find my own. Told they are "booking agents" not "travel agents".??

Am trying to find best deals for AMA river cruise from Orlando to Hanoi and back from Hochi minh and very confusing..

Maybe devoting area on CC to cruise air ??
Old 01-18-2012, 09:05 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Told they are "booking agents" not "travel agents".??
That's true. Many will handle only one kind of travel, such as cruises. A travel agent, or more appropriately, a full-service travel agent, will do it all for you.

I don't know if this helps you, yet you can look at some Internet booking sites for air travel to see what your choices are (along with pricing), and then go directly to the airline's site to book.

As for the separate section within the CruiseReviews.com forum, I moved this thread to our Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers section and added air travel to the description. Hope that helps.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:10 PM

With regards to the airport times, the times listed, as mentioned, are local airport times. I live on the east coast, and have relatives on the west coast, so this comes up often for me when we book flights to see relatives. Example, if you're looking at a website and it states you arrive in Hanoi at 12:00 pm, they mean 12:00 pm Hanoi time.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)

Tags
agency, agent, air, airline, booking, handle, infocruise, online, port, powered, royola, site, travel, vbulletin, websites