Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 05:19 AM

Default Rodeway Inn - Ft Lauderdale
It looks like Rodeway Inn is one of the top recommended hotels for pre-cruise stay. I was just wondering what was nearby in terms of shopping and dining? We will have an infant with us and I prefer places we can walk to, water taxi (maybe? any experience with this?) to or even shuttle (does the hotel provide shuttle service anywhere else but airport and cruise port?) so that we aren't lugging around a car seat while trying to shop. I just need a place to buy some basics like sun lotion, diapers, wipes, etc. Like a Walmart, KMart, or something..

Also - has anyone done a day room here and can tell me the average cost of that? I can't seem to find it anywhere on their website.

Any other tips, advice, whatever about this hotel is appreciated.

TIA!

Carnival Triumph - Spring Break Cruise - 2006
Carnival Victory - Birthday/Summer Cruise - 2007
Oasis of the Seas - Group Cruise - 2010
Old 03-06-2012, 07:53 AM

It's on State Road 84 and about 5 miles from the port. There isn't much around there but marinas and business buildings. Lester's Diner is on State Road 84, about 3 miles from the hotel, so a cab ride wouldn't be too expensive. The water taxi does not go out that far, it runs on the intracostal which is near the ocean. It's not a bad area, but close to the airport, so you may hear jets landing and taking off, depending on which way the wind is blowing. If it's coming in from the west, they'll be landing over the port. If not, they'll be on your side of I95. There's a nice park on the corner of 10th avenue and State Road 84, it is behind the cemetery. Then there's another one a little further up near Croissant Park Elementary School. They do have bus service in Ft. Lauderdale, but I don't know the buses you would need to take, so either a cab or a rental car could be necessary. The beach is about 8 miles away.

Hope this helps a little.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:41 AM

It does, thank you. I am trying to find a reasonable hotel that has shuttle service to and from the airport and cruise port.. but I really need something that is close to or offers shuttle service to a store. That is most important.

Carnival Triumph - Spring Break Cruise - 2006
Carnival Victory - Birthday/Summer Cruise - 2007
Oasis of the Seas - Group Cruise - 2010
Old 03-06-2012, 11:20 AM
We stayed at the Sleep Inn in Dania. They offer a shuttle from the airport and to the pier. They share a corner lot with a Walgreens and there is a strip shopping center across the street with a grocery store and a few restaurants, a dollar store, etc. It was clean, reasonably priced, the staff was so helpful, and there was the continental breakfast deal. I highly recommend it.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:40 AM

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn two years ago. We would not recommend this hotel at all. It cost $184:00 including tax for the room.
Old 03-09-2012, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmh View Post
We stayed at the Rodeway Inn two years ago. We would not recommend this hotel at all. It cost $184:00 including tax for the room.
Price alone is not a reason to not recommend a place. Depending on time of year traveling, events and conventions in town, and how far you book in advance all could affect price. Please share if there are other reasons other than price why you didn't like this property.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:28 PM

Default Rodeway Inn

This is a wonderful hotel ,I highly recommend it .The only negative ,the daytime personell leave something to be desired.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:16 PM

QUOTE=Cruise Fanatic;292878]Price alone is not a reason to not recommend a place. Depending on time of year traveling, events and conventions in town, and how far you book in advance all could affect price. Please share if there are other reasons other than price why you didn't like this property.[/quote]

Price was not a problem; have you even been there Cruise Fanatic;292878 you would have had to stay there to be a judge mental, you have no repeat no idea . Way to many problems, no elevators, very loud music until dawn in the adjoining bar and. cafe, lack of securityand bell boys, stay if you have to. Not for us!! Just saying.--- Do not want to start a war here. Our TA pulled the “hotel” off their list. Go ahead stay and see, we don't care.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmh View Post
QUOTE=Cruise Fanatic;292878]Price alone is not a reason to not recommend a place. Depending on time of year traveling, events and conventions in town, and how far you book in advance all could affect price. Please share if there are other reasons other than price why you didn't like this property.
Price was not a problem; have you even been there Cruise Fanatic;292878 you would have had to stay there to be a judge mental, you have no repeat no idea . Way to many problems, no elevators, very loud music until dawn in the adjoining bar and. cafe, lack of securityand bell boys, stay if you have to. Not for us!! Just saying.--- Do not want to start a war here. Our TA pulled the “hotel” off their list. Go ahead stay and see, we don't care.[/quote]

Bryan,
No need to get testy. I am not the one being judgemental here. Go back and read your first reply above. You gave no reason other than price why you weren't recommending the hotel. I simply asked you to give us a reason other than price why you didn't recommend the property. Now you've given several reasons so I consider this issue closed. Thank You.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:05 AM

Sorry if I offended, I thought I had answered the question in my first post, looking back I should have been more specific. Our TA had many criticisms from other clients she sent there. There may not be a loud band during the week. We would certainly try and avoid staying there in future it is impossible to know what a place is like unless you read the reviews and also read between the lines. We did not want to appear as if we were hard to please.

They were very keen to attract cruise passengers when we stayed a couple of years ago, it is possible the place has improved.

Tags
aboutrodeway, comfort, complaints, cruise, fort, ft, inn, lauderdale, powered, quality, reviews, rodeway, singles, suites, vbulletin