Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2012, 10:18 AM

Default New Orleans
We are planning a cruise which departs out of New Orleans. We have never been to New Orleans, so I have a couple questions.

#1 The only available time for our friends and us to cruise is the first two weekends in December or any weekend in March. I am thinking NO would probably have less conventions, spring breaks, etc. in December so it may be easier to get a motel. But I don't know. Any opinions?

#2 Is there a hotel that you would recommend in NO?

Thank you for any advice you have. We are looking forward to a new pre-cruise port!

Nadine
Old 05-26-2013, 07:29 AM

Hi Nadine,

I was just searching for similar information for New Orleans and notice that no one answered your post. What did you end up doing? Did you sail out of New Orleans?

I am planning on that for next March. Just curious on how it worked out for you?
Judy
Old 05-26-2013, 06:33 PM

Hi Judy! Leaving from New Orleans was a really neat experience. We arrived two days early and were able to go on a tour of the city, a boat trip in the bayou, etc. Of course, you can't miss Café Du Monde! The tour company we booked was Cajun Encounters. We booked it at the hotel.

We stayed at the Omni Royal Crescent Hotel on Gravier St. The location was perfect. The people who worked there were super nice. We noticed there is a Marriott right on Canal St. I have no idea how expensive that might be. I suppose it depends on the season.

I think you will enjoy experiencing New Orleans. It's so unique!

Nadine
Old 05-26-2013, 06:37 PM

Judy, I thought of something else. You might want to check on the dates for Mardi Gras before you book the cruise. We wanted to avoid that so moved our cruise earlier than we had planned.

Nadine
Old 05-28-2013, 07:19 PM

Thanks Nadine,

I think that Mardi Gras will be over before our cruise. That would be something to see -- but very crowded and hard to get a hotel room, I imagine.

Thank you for the name of the hotel you used. We will only be there for one day before the cruise, but I'd like to get the hotel rooms booked soon.
Judy

Tags
advice, caribbean, cruice, cruise, cruises, december, embarkation, hotel, new, orleans, port, pre, ratings, reviews, royal