Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2012, 09:11 AM

Default Flight too close?
We have decided to switch cruises, which means that we are now departing on Saturday instead of Sunday. We already have purchased our airfare and had planned to originally stay the day before.. however; our flight arrives in FLL at 1:15 pm and we sail out of Miami!

We are a young couple traveling with a 13 month old for the first time. I have contacted the airline to see if we can switch to the earlier flight to arrive in FLL at 9:30 am, but if we can't.. is it possible to make it to the ship on time? We have always arrived earlier, one time arriving VERY late due to inclement weather but there was so much bad weather that the ship waited for the last shuttle (which we were on). I don't know how late you are allowed to arrive at port.

HELP!

Carnival Triumph - Spring Break Cruise - 2006
Carnival Victory - Birthday/Summer Cruise - 2007
Oasis of the Seas - Group Cruise - 2010
Old 04-30-2012, 04:22 PM

You don't mention your set sail time, but all guests I believe must be checked in 1.5 hours prior to sailing. Figuring you have a 4:30 pm set sail time, this means you must be checked in by 3:00 pm. Figure 45 minutes to Miami from FLL is definitely cutting it close. I figure by the time you get your bags, it will be close to 1:45-2:00, provided you're even on time.

I'd definitely pay the change fee and get on the earlier flight if you can.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 04-30-2012, 07:24 PM

If you were sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale I would say it would be calling it close--but sailing out of Miami is way too close! You might luck out and get on an earlier flight if your on standby, but what if you don't? If it were me, I would first call the airline and talk to a supervisor; tell your story, and see if they can help with the change fee. Book the day before the cruise even if you have to pay the change fee. Better safe than sorry...
Old 05-01-2012, 07:41 AM

Thanks, we are able to switch it and pay the change fee so we will be arriving in Ft Lauderdale at 9:30 am.

Carnival Triumph - Spring Break Cruise - 2006
Carnival Victory - Birthday/Summer Cruise - 2007
Oasis of the Seas - Group Cruise - 2010

Tags
15, 430, arrive, check, close, cruise, cruising, departure, ealiedt, embarkation, flight, fort, hours, late, lauderdale, leaves, miami