Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 05:45 AM

Question Concerned about AA flight in Dec......
have read about the problems with this airline,,,have flight booked Dec.24 from Orlando to Chicago,,,for ongoing Asiana flight(3hrs wait) to Vietnam for cruise.I booked this on own thru internet agency,,,not sure if I should try to find another airline,,will I get a refund,,agency switch for me,,,not sure WHAT to do???Or just wait and see???Have travel insurance,,BUT don t want to miss trip...ideas???
Old 09-21-2012, 06:48 AM

I have a AA flight scheduled for Nov. 28th from Chicago to San Juan. I plan on waiting a couple of weeks before I call the airline. From what I understand, American Airlines will re-schedule passengers effected by the pilots calling in sick. I'm not worried because I booked through the airline. If I were in your situation I'd call the travel agency to see what options (if any) are available. Usually these types of problems don't last long with the airlines.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:17 AM

Red face Thanks,,it was internet air booking site
and I just called,,they said,,all AA flights still ok and they would contact me IF A CANCELLATION or change occured,,,not refundable if I changed airline...but if it looks iffy,,may do that and lose $500 rather than whole trip. Afraid they might change to later flight and would lose the Asiana one at 12 noon...will keep checking on AA website.Never had this happen before...lucky,I guess. Hey,,let us know how the Nov.flight goes.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:37 PM

O.K. - If I have a problem I'll let you know.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:40 AM

Angry Changes already,,note date on quote below
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandra cruiser View Post
and I just called,,they said,,all AA flights still ok and they would contact me IF A CANCELLATION or change occured,,,not refundable if I changed airline...but if it looks iffy,,may do that and lose $500 rather than whole trip. Afraid they might change to later flight and would lose the Asiana one at 12 noon...will keep checking on AA website.Never had this happen before...lucky,I guess. Hey,,let us know how the Nov.flight goes.
Yes,,,double checked my flight on AA.com and guess what>>???not listed,,,called AA and NOW flight changed to 1 hrs.earlier,,,just received confirmation yesterday from internet agency,,,and had called AA day before,,and told "will let you know",,,well,,they DIDNT,,,I caught it and called..Did issue new tickets,,,but upset and SO GLAD i persisted in this.

So,,,to be on safe side,,,KEEP CHECKING WEB SITE>...I plan to...whew.....
Old 10-13-2012, 11:35 AM

Angry Guess what,,,right,,changed AGAIN
but this time they emailed ME,,,lucky it worked out OK,,,but,,,still got me worried..

Anyone else??

Tags
aa, agency, agent, airline, booking, concerned, dec, flight, flights, kelalb, online, powered, travel, understanding, vbulletin, worry