Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2012, 10:25 PM

Question Car rental shuttles @ Port Cape Liberty Bayonne NJ
Has anyone sailed from Cape Liberty/Bayonne/Port Liberty in NJ recently and noticed if any of the car rental places have shuttles come to the pier to pick up people wanting to rent a car? If so, do you remember what companies they were from? Thanks
Old 11-14-2012, 08:22 AM
I'll be in port liberty on the 3rd of December. When are you traveling? and Is there a particular company you're looking for?

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 11-14-2012, 05:59 PM

Hi! Won't be travelling until May. Not worried about a particular company at this point. Just want to know if any pick up at all or if I will have to get to them by taxi or go to Newark airport first and then get a shuttle from there.

Thanks
Old 11-15-2012, 02:27 PM
Excellent. I'll take a look at what's there and let you know.

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 11-15-2012, 06:31 PM

Thanks for that. I will await your return. Hope you have a good time on your cruise.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:53 PM
The only car rental that is convienent to the port is enterprise. they will pick you up/drop you off. there aren't and rental agencies/shuttles right at the port.
Port Liberty gets very congested. there's only one ship berth for cruise ships. It's actually a cargo port. It often takes 30 minute or more to drive to the terminal building.
I parked at premier parking, it was 135 dollars for 10 days. Our shuttle driver said that most of the cars parked in the port were in 2-3 feet of water during Sandy! you could see grass stuck in the chain link fence at the lever where the tide came in!!!

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 12-17-2012, 09:31 PM

Thanks for the intel. I hope you had a great cruise. Can I just confirm that Enterprise was the only one doing pick-ups at the actual port and that there weren't any other car rental shuttles for other companies picking up?? I know that there aren't any actual rental places/offices at the port. I just want to know if there are shuttles taking you to any elsewhere.
Thanks again
Old 07-09-2013, 07:59 AM

Default Feedback
For others information - I was at Bayonne in June 2013 and there were no car rental shuttles. We got a normal shuttle (easily available after disembarkation) for $16 each to the car rental company at Newark airport (same fee for drop off at any of the terminals there too).

Note: if you are staying in Manhattan near Times Square pre-cruise a nice and fairly easy way to get to the pier at Bayonne is to walk to the bottom (12 Ave side) of W40th St and catch a ferry to Paulus Hook for $8 each (about 15 min - it stops running at 9:30am) then the Light rail for about $3 each to 34th St (about 10 min) and then hail a cab to the pier (about $12 including tip) and another 10-15 min once you get in. We found it easier to hail one on the quiet side of the station (thru the gate and up the street NOT via the elevator/lift and overpass).
Old 07-09-2013, 08:43 AM

Thanks for the information.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:48 PM

I'm in the process of looking for a hotel and shuttle for my Sept. 8th cruise on the Explorer. I'm also sailing out of Cape Liberty on December 2nd--by then I should know my way around. Thinking about using Royal Caribbean for the shuttle service...

Tags
bayonne, cape, car, cars, enterprise, liberty, nj, port, porte, powered, rental, rentals, reply, shuttle, thread, vbulletin