Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2013, 08:26 AM
Administrator

My understanding is Princess does offer a transfer program as Rick refers to, where they will print boarding passes and airline luggage tags on the ship. However I can't find it anywhere on the Princess website - which frankly has one of the poorest FAQ sections I've ever seen.

If Princess is like Royal Caribbean with this service, they do not offer it online but rather will place a form in your cabin which you complete with your airline info, number of bags, etc., and you turn this in at Guest Relations. Isn't it called 'EZ Check'?

It is something not offered at every port, and also not all airlines participate. Also, they have a limit on the number of people allowed to use it and some are rejected.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:07 PM

Thanks for that clarification Dave. I guess I'll find out when I go. If they do offer that and my post cruise tour gets cancelled, I may do that, so I don't have to drag my bags around.

I agree that Princess' FAQ section of their website isn't that great.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 07-09-2013, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
My understanding is Princess does offer a transfer program as Rick refers to, where they will print boarding passes and airline luggage tags on the ship. However I can't find it anywhere on the Princess website - which frankly has one of the poorest FAQ sections I've ever seen.

If Princess is like Royal Caribbean with this service, they do not offer it online but rather will place a form in your cabin which you complete with your airline info, number of bags, etc., and you turn this in at Guest Relations. Isn't it called 'EZ Check'?
Hi everyone.

Now that I've been on my cruise, I can confirm that Princess does offer the program where the print your boarding pass and take your bags to the airport. It is called ezCheck, as Dave mentioned. It's $20, plus the bag fees for your airline. I ended up doing this, but got a little nervous, as my bag looked like it was one of the last ones to the carousel when I got back to my home airport.

Also, the post cruise Seattle tour did go, as they had 38 people signed up for that. The driver asked who had early flights, so he knew when to get to the airport, although there were a couple things, not his fault, though, I will say that. One was where two people misunderstood when to be back on the bus after Pike Place Market. We were supposed to be back at the bus at 12:30, but they thought 12:45. We did wait for them, as the driver would have gotten into trouble if he didn't. At least that's what he told us. Also, one passenger on her pre cruise stay must have left something at the hotel, as we had to stop at the Marriott Seattle Airport on the way to Sea-Tac. I think we were at Sea-Tac by about 1:20 or so, and my flight was 3:20, and since I did the ezCheck, I just headed right to security, although a long walk from where the charter buses drop off.

I'll post a full review later, hopefully in the next couple days or so.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:40 PM
Administrator

Since you mentioned it, on our Oasis cruise we used the luggage program RCI provides and our bags were among the first to show up on the carousel. I guess it is more about how the airline handlers sort and load the luggage than anything to do with the cruise line baggage programs.

But anyway, thanks for verifying Princess still has a program. Looking forward to your review of the cruise.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:30 PM

Hi Dave.

Yes, I know it depends on how airline baggage handlers sort and load / unload the cargo hold. It seemed like it was the opposite on my flight out to Seattle, then again, after I deplaned, I used the bathroom, then had to take the Satellite Transit System over to the main terminal from the N gates.

Tags
airport, cruise, cruises, cruising, excursions, luggage, post, princess, reviews, seatle, seattle, send, tour, tours, valet