Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 07:07 AM

Default Post Cruise Seattle Tour
Hi everyone.

I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the Princess thread, as it's a post cruise excursion. I was looking into doing the post cruise excursion in Seattle after my cruise docks, however, I'm thinking that may be cutting it a little tight with my flight. Princess states that cruise is for passengers with flights leaving "after 3:00 pm", and my flight is at 3:15 pm. Those of you that have done something similar, is this cutting it too close? My other concern is that it's the end of the 4th of July holiday weekend, so I'm not sure how crowded Sea-Tac (the Seattle airport) will be.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 02-23-2013, 07:31 AM
Administrator

You should be fine. If they say 'after 3pm' that normally means the tour will end and you will be dropped off at the airport early enough to check-in, do TSA, etc. I'd be surprised if you weren't at Sea-Tac by 1:30 or so. Getting you to the airport early enough is really their main priority and they will likely shorten the excursion if they see time dwindling away.

Here is something else to consider...post-cruise tours often don't attract enough interest to make them profitable and they will cancel them. This has happened to me 3 times over the years.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:33 AM

Thanks Dave. Good to know. I actually misread the departure time on my flight back home. It's actually 3:05, not 3:15. That being said, I may just head to the airport after my cruise. I didn't see anything on Princess' website about a luggage valet service for the Seattle port; otherwise I'd do that and maybe head to the Space Needle / Pike Place for a couple hours.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:57 PM

Well, I ended up booking the post cruise Seattle tour, as with Princess, they won't charge me until I go on the tour, or the day before. In any case, the schedule of my flight changed, and I don't leave until 3:20 pm, as opposed to 3:05 pm. According to the details on the excursion page, they're supposed to drop off at Sea-Tac around 1:00 pm. Not sure if we do a little tour after Pike Place Market, as I know from living in the area, it shouldn't take an hour to get to Sea-Tac from Pike Place, and we leave Pike Place Market at noon.

Conversely, my inbound flight also changed, but for the better, as I now arrive in Sea-Tac at 10:15, as opposed to 10:45, which had me worried a little bit, even though there was about a 2 hour window as to what Princess says is the latest arrival, and I booked air through Princess, since it was cheaper. My concern was with traffic, since the Mariners have a 1:00 home game that Sunday, June 30th.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:17 PM

Hi everyone.

If this tour gets cancelled (the post cruise tour, drop off at Sea-Tac), do you know when they would make this announcement? I'm assuming the day before, with some sort of notice under my door, or in another public area. If this is the case, I may rent a car and go to the Kenmore / Bothell area to where I used to live for a couple hours.

I saw that the pier has a luggage storage service, but that may be a hassle if I stay and sightsee in the downtown area, as I have to get back to the pier to get my luggage, then to the airport.

I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but want to have another option, rather than wait at Sea-Tac for several hours if the tour does get cancelled.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:37 PM
Administrator

They usually close the post-cruise tour bookings in time to see if they have enough interest and will then determine if they will go forward with them. If canceled they will send a note to your cabin. As I recall in every instance where this has happened to me we were informed on the final afternoon.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:03 PM

Thanks Dave. Nothing much any of us can do except wait and see I guess. I just checked the Princess website after logging into my booking, and they state there's 20 spots available for that tour. I wasn't paying attention to how many were available when I booked it.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:33 PM
You don't usually get the information on the luggage valet service until the next-to-last night. Whether you take the tour or not I highly recommend the service--it is money well spent; first because you don't have to scour the terminal for your luggage and then wrangle it all the way to the airport check-in and second, because they print out your boarding passes and airline luggage tags and deliver them right to your stateroom.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:27 PM

f-mattox

I looked for this, but if it's what I think you're thinking of, they discontinued this service. You may be thinking of the one where they take your luggage to the airport, then print your boarding passes.

They now use DHL, and route the bags right to your house, but it's not cheap. $90 per piece each way. I got the info here. Scroll down to where it says "luggage valet," then click that to expand that topic.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:37 PM
Yes, I've heard of "luggage valet" but never used that service; I was referring to the print boarding pass/deliver to airport service. I'm sorry to hear they have discontinued this service--maybe just in some ports (??).

Tags
airport, cruise, cruises, cruising, excursions, luggage, post, princess, reviews, seatle, seattle, send, tour, tours, valet