Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 03:04 PM

Default Many Airlines at Seattle Airport Changing Locations in May
Hi everyone.

I wanted to share this with you, for those not familiar with the Seattle Airport (Sea-Tac). They're doing a realignment project, and many airlines are going to be relocating. You can see the info here. The most significant ones to me are Alaska moving from the D Concourse to the North Satellite, and the current North Satellite airlines moving to Concourse A.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 02-27-2013, 03:49 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the info, Michael. Personally I've never liked Sea-Tac, mainly the Delta gates and long walk.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:22 PM

Not a problem Dave. I live in NJ now, but grew up in the Seattle area, so I was at Sea-Tac quite a bit, either picking up my grandparents when they came to visit, or traveling down to see them in the San Francisco area. In my head, I always saw Sea-Tac the way it is now, with Alaska having the D concourse, and United having the N gates. I was just doing a random search the other day for my flights in June / July, and was surprised they were taking off / arriving at the N gates on occasion. My grandfather worked for United, so he and my grandmother could fly free standby. As a kid I liked taking the train to the N gates from the terminal. This was back in the day when non-ticketed passengers could still go beyond the security checkpoint. They have since renovated that (this was back in the late 1980s / early 1990s), and I have yet to be on the renovated ones, as I haven't flown into Sea-Tac in ages.
Old 04-13-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Thanks for the info, Michael. Personally I've never liked Sea-Tac, mainly the Delta gates and long walk.
Looks like I'll have a long walk as well after I get my bags. According to the info on the Princess site, cruise ship shuttles leave at the south end of the terminal, by door 00, or baggage carousel 1. My airline at Sea-Tac (Alaska Airlines, to be specific), has luggage carousels 12-15, at the north end of the terminal. See this link for a diagram of the arrivals level / baggage claim area.

I don't know why they didn't do what the rental car shuttle does, which is two stops. One at the north end of the terminal, and one at the south end of the terminal.

Tags
air, airlines, airport, alaska, carousel, cruise, distance, locations, map, port, project, realignment, relocation, seatac, seattle, united