Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2013, 10:23 AM
Talking Transfers From Logan To Cruise Ships
We are a group of eight (8) adults in our 60's who will be going on a Royal Caribbean ship together, leaving from Boston's cruise terminal. Will there be taxis at the airport (Logan) able to carry more than two people at a time plus luggage, or are their any local shuttles to the port from Logan on a Sunday in October? If anybody has any links to a few local shuttle companies (so as to not show favoritism to one company or another), could you please post them so we can choose; unless a taxi is really the best way to go.

Need some cruise help?
Old 05-21-2013, 09:20 PM
Administrator

You should have no problem finding taxis. Follow the signs in the airport (or ask someone, if you don't see them) to the designated taxi stands outside the terminal. The line moves quickly and is kept orderly by the dispatcher. Sometimes, you can request a van from the dispatcher, but that may entail a wait and an additional charge of, I think, $5.

We've done 3 in a taxi with luggage with no problem. It's a short trip, maybe 10 minutes. Cost should be about $20-$25 per taxi, which includes a roughly $8 fee imposed by a number of authorities.

A couple of things to be aware of: Taxis are metered - do not pay a flat rate to go to the cruise terminal. Also, make sure the fee is entered onto the meter before you leave the airport. Some drivers pocket it, otherwise. The best way around this is to pay by credit card.

I'll check into shuttle companies, but I don't know of any other than those offered through the cruise lines (which charge per person). I'm quite sure your party can do this in 3 taxis. There's also a public transportation option, but you'd need to carry your own luggage and make a transfer. I recommend a taxi (or 3) as the best option.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:52 AM
Default Taxis
Thanks Lisa-I had checked on google for shuttle companies but didn't find much. We'll do a taxi since it seems so simple.

Need some cruise help?

Tags
airport, boston, caribbean, logan, mass, royal, ship, shuttle