Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/embarkation-ports-hotels-transfers/)
-   -   Choice Air (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/embarkation-ports-hotels-transfers/39937-choice-air.html)

Jim1012 03-07-2014 05:08 AM

Choice Air

We're doing our first Transatlantic cruise this fall, and have begun shopping for the flights with the best prices. Choice Air SEEMS to be the way to go, since their prices for flights on major airlines are WAY cheaper than the air line itself. Has any one used this service, and have you had good/bad/whatever experiences with them? Their prices for a flight from Chicago's O'Hare to Barcelona, Spain is SOOOO low, I wonder. The cruise leaves on a Sunday, and we're flying out Saturday afternoon, ariving at 6:15am Sunday morning. IS this a good service and worthy of a chance for something that is this important as getting stranded in another country and missing the ship?

Cruise Fanatic 03-07-2014 05:57 AM

I wouldn't hesitate at all. You are much better off booking the air through the cruise line than on your own. If anything happens along the way you can call the cruise line and they will get you taken care of and to the ship.

Dave 03-07-2014 06:37 AM

I have a booking for the October 2015 transatlantic on Anthem Of The Seas, Southampton to Fort Lauderdale. I plan to use Choice Air. Probably going to have RCI arrange my transfer to the ship while over there too.

Jim1012 03-07-2014 10:18 AM

Choiceair

CF, I'm a little confused with your reply, or it could be that I don't understand Choice Air. You state that I'm better off booking through the air line than on my own. Is Choice Air anything like Travelocity or Expedia, in that you book on that site, but are confirmed via the Air Line, or are you doing the booking on your own without Choice Air's help other than the great prices? I'm looking at almost a $350 @ person savings using Choice over the air line itself. I'm booking on April 1st, so I have a bit of time to think. Not normally the timid type, but between leaving my country (which up to this point, for a cruise, I haven't done) and then missing the ship or lost luggage, I'm afraid this cop has his concerns; too many years dressed in Blue, I sometimes think....................

Jim1012 03-07-2014 10:19 AM

Choice Air

BTW, thanks Dave

Cruise Fanatic 03-07-2014 01:15 PM

Sorry about that. I corrected my statement. I meant to say the cruise line. When you book with Choice Air you are booking through the cruise lines air department. The cruise line will know what flights they have passengers coming in to meet a ship so if there are any delays they are right on top of it.

janfred 03-08-2014 12:37 PM

I use Choice Air all the time, they guarantee the lowest prices too. If you find a lower fare within 24 hours of booking, they will give you 110% of the difference to spend on board your cruise. I like the fact that it only pulls the flights that work with your departure time of your cruise and also your return flight it looks only at what flight you will have time to get to the airport when the ship docks.

Jim1012 03-14-2014 05:27 AM

Cruise Air

Took everyone's advise and booked our flight TO Barcelona, AND transfers to the ship. I think I got a great fare and deal- Two tickets to Barcelona from O'Hare in Chicago, one stop at JFK for a total of $1040.00 on American Air Lines!! Their web site alone shows almost $1650@ ticket! Don't know how Cruise Air does it, but I'll surely take the savings!!
Southwest back to Milwaukee from Fort Lauderdale is still cheaper, but that's fine.
Thanks for the help!!

poormom 03-15-2014 04:55 PM

I used choice air and booked a nonstop to London with transfers. It worked out that the combo was less than just the flight alone had I booked it on my own. And it was a fully refundable flight. Lots of other folks had stops and they were totally exhausted.
It was pretty nice to see a Royal Caribbean rep at the airport waiting for us.

And Dave, I highly recommend virgin Atlantic. They wined and dined us the whole way!

Dave 03-15-2014 05:22 PM

A friend of mine lives near Southampton but he is a U.S. citizen even though he's lived in England since the 1960s. He still flies here every year or so to visit his relatives. Anyway, when he first flew Virgin Atlantic he raved about it being such a splendid experience that reminded him of the good old days of flying where he felt like a customer and not another sheep in the herd. It's the only line he will fly with now.