Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2014, 09:49 AM
Question International Flights from USA to Europe
This October 25th, we are flying from Chicago O'Hare Airport to Barcelona ,Spain to go on Liberty OTS for our first ever transatlantic. My question is about the flights, on American Air Lines. I've waited on the phone for,it seems, hours to try and get an answer, but I'm getting older by the second, and may forget what I wanted to ask if I have to wait too much longer.
Our flight leaves O'Hare and flys to JFK in New York. We then sit there for an hour, before we switch planes for the last leg of the flight to Barcelona. For those of you who have flown out of O'Hare to Europe, O'Hare has two terminals, one domestic, and another international.
Which terminal do we check in at, domestic for the first leg of the trip, or international for the ultimate destination?

Need some cruise help?
Old 08-27-2014, 02:43 PM
Administrator

I believe that AA in O'Hare uses Terminal 3 for all departures, but I could be mistaken. If you have your confirmation number handy, you should be able to look up your flights on the AA website. You will probably have to change terminals in New York.

Just one piece of advice, as you will be changing planes. Make sure you have a carry-on that -- both ways -- contains everything you will need for a couple of days. Trust me on this one. Our luggage finally caught up to us a few hours before our cruise departed Barcelona.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:13 AM

I'm not familiar with O'Hare, but I would guess it's the domestic terminal, since your first flight is a domestic flight.

I agree with Lisa's advice, though. Pack all essentials in your carry on, as an hour connection at JFK for an international flight seems tight to me. I live in NJ, so I fly in and out of Newark regularly, which is always busy.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)