Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2015, 03:18 PM
Question Transpacific
I'm thinking about cruising from Sydney, Australia for 24 days back to Seattle. Has anyone done this before? My question revolves around the flight and departure date of the cruise. Assuming that the cruise leaves on a Saturday, and I'm leaving from Chicago, and wanting to arrive the day BEFORE the ship departs, which day should I plan on leaving Chicago? With the time zone changes, and the dateline crossing enroute TO the departure port, which day has anyone left the USA for the flight TO the ship?
The mind boggles.......................
Old 06-30-2015, 06:05 AM
Administrator

As I type this it is 11:04pm on Tuesday, June 30, in Sydney. It is 8:04am in Chicago. Most people fly to Sydney two days prior to the cruise to get 'used to the time change'. A friend recently did a similar cruise from Sydney. He flew from ORD to Honolulu and spent a couple days, then flew on to Sydney for a couple days before boarding the ship. He didn't want to do a 20 hour flight.
Old 06-30-2015, 06:17 AM
Administrator

But to answer your question, if you are looking at the Explorer Of The Seas cruise in April 2016 that leaves on Saturday, April 23, and you want to be in Sydney on Friday, April 22, you need to fly out of Chicago on Wednesday, April 20, based on the flight schedules for that route.
Old 07-15-2015, 04:08 AM
Thumbs up Transpacific
So roughly three days prior. Thanks Dave, that's what I was wondering.