Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/embarkation-ports-hotels-transfers/)
-   -   Port Canaveral to MCO - Transfer (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/embarkation-ports-hotels-transfers/4082-port-canaveral-mco-transfer.html)

MCPayne 04-07-2010 06:30 PM

Hi everyone.

I booked my next cruise, and I have a few questions about the transfer service that RCI offers going from Port Canaveral to MCO.

First of all, going to the buses, how do the bus drivers know that the people on the bus have purchased transfers? I assume we have to show an agent our SeaPass card, or something like that?

Also, with the luggage I plan to check at the airport, does RCI do that, or do I have to get my suitcase, then stand in line to check it?

This is my first time doing a transfer; my previous 2 cruises I just took a taxi.

Dave 04-07-2010 06:57 PM

You have to retrieve your checked luggage from the carousel and take it to the bus.

If you bought your air from RCI, or if you bought transfers from RCI, you should have tranportation vouchers in your e-docs or paper docs. They will take those from you as you board the bus. If you qualify for the transfer buses but don't have a voucher, don't worry. They will have your name on the manifest and the bus driver will be able to check you off and let you board. Somebody will be standing at the bus door with the list of approved passengers.

MCPayne 04-07-2010 07:23 PM

Thanks Dave. I booked my airfare separately as it was significantly cheaper. I'm fortunate that my local airport is a hub, so I have a direct flight to Orlando Sunday morning.

MCPayne 04-07-2010 07:31 PM

Sorry Dave. I misread your post and didn't see that if I purchased transfers, then I'll receive vouchers with my docs.

Dave 04-08-2010 07:39 AM

I bought transfers for my Oasis cruise but it was after my docs had been prepared, thus I didn't have vouchers. This is not a problem though, since all I had to do was give my name and the driver checked me off on his list of approved passengers.

In your case there is enough lead time and you will get vouchers.

MCPayne 04-09-2010 06:35 PM

Thanks again Dave. I appreciate it.

MCPayne 06-16-2010 06:35 PM

One more question about the transfer I'm wondering about, even though my cruise is still a ways off.

For my bag that I want to carry on the ship, I assume it's best to have this with me on the bus, as opposed to in the luggage compartment? It will be a duffel bag. I ask this because a friend of mine went on a cruise out of Puerto Rico. They gave all their luggage to the bus driver, and all of it ended up getting checked at the pier.

Dave 06-16-2010 06:40 PM

...take your carry-ons on the bus with you.

MCPayne 06-16-2010 06:48 PM

Thanks Dave.