Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 05:32 PM

Our boat arrives back into Port Canaveral at 7am and our flight time has been moved to 11am at Orlando International. We will be renting a car from Avis to drive to the airport. If we carry our luggage off and are one of the first ones off would we be able to make this flight? Thanks ahead of time!
Old 03-17-2010, 06:01 AM

It's a 2 hour and 50 min drive from the port to Orlando Intl Airport (if going to speed limit which I believe is 70).

Quote:
Originally posted by travelbug06:
Our boat arrives back into Port Canaveral at 7am and our flight time has been moved to 11am at Orlando International. We will be renting a car from Avis to drive to the airport. If we carry our luggage off and are one of the first ones off would we be able to make this flight? Thanks ahead of time!
Old 03-17-2010, 06:03 AM

Sorry I was thinking from Ft. lauderdale. It's actually around a 45 minute drive from Port Canaveral to Orlando's airport.

Quote:
Originally posted by travelbug06:
Old 03-17-2010, 06:44 AM

If everything goes perfectly, then yes you could make your flight. That means, you dock on time, customs and immigration clear the ship on time, you get off the ship carrying your own luggage, you get to the rental car place and there's no line, there are no wrecks, there is no construction, you get the car filled back up (or prepay the gas), get it dropped off with no line, then you'll be fine.

If not, is there a plan B?
Old 03-17-2010, 05:57 PM

Thank you for the information! We cancelled that airfare and booked with a different airline! I don't really want to be in a rush on our last day
Old 03-18-2010, 06:08 AM

I'm so glad to hear that. My heart would ache for you if something were to go wrong. I'm sure it can be done, but I would hate to be under that much pressure when returning from a wonderful cruise.

If it were Ft. Lauderdale, much more doable since you're literally across the street from the airport. Heck, you could walk if you had to. Maybe they'll build an airport closer to Port Canaveral one of these days?

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, boat, canaveral, carnival, clearing, customs, flight, flights, key, orlando, port, powered, return, times, vbulletin, west