Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 06:38 AM
Thinking about staying at Queen Mary Hotel - pre cruise, we know she is old but would like to see what older cruising was like.

Trip April 23 to May 3, 2010
Seattle - LA / Long Beach - Vancouver BC - Seattle

Need info and any advice for:
1. The best way and approx costs.
2. Getting from LAX to Long Beach Queen Mary Hotel April 23,2010.
3. Getting from Queen Mary Hotel to San Pedro cruise dock April 24, 2010 NCL Pearl.
4. Any comments on the Queen Mary Hotel.
5.Getting from Canada Place dock to a hotel in Vancouver BC for 1 night May 1, 2010.
6.Need a hotel in Vancouver BC close to Canada Place dock for a 1 night cruise back to Seattle May 2, 2010.

Looked at flights to Long Beach airport but limited airlines and high bag fees. Bag fees might offset shuttle fees ?
Thanks

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 02-13-2010, 08:15 AM
Administrator

We stayed on Queen Mary a few years ago, as I am a liner history nut. While she has undergone considerable changes, there is still enough history here and there to get the liner feel. I strongly suggest that you splurge on a nicer room. We stayed in what was previously a suite on Mary and it was amazing. The bathroom even had the hot salt/cold salt water faucets in place, although non-operational.

Should you decide to go on a guided tour of Mary, I suggest the history tour and/or the World War II tour. (She served as a troop ship, and I learned a lot.) I wouldn't bother with the haunted ship tour -- lots of hype, little substance. Staying on Mary also gives you free access to the museum, that you can do on your own. Don't miss the engine rooms and the displays on the lower decks.

We took Execucar, a division of SuperShuttle, from LAX to the hotel. You can find quotes for both on supershuttle.com. On embarkation day, we took a taxi to San Pedro... I don't recall the cost.

A couple of years later, we stayed at the Pan Pacific, which towers over Canada Place. Pricey, yet so wonderfully located. There's a food court in the lower lobby of the hotel that saved us quite a bit of $$ on meals.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:10 PM
Thanks LisaP
We booked 2 nights at Queen Mary in the deluxe room, now working the shuttle from Long Beach airport to the QM and taxi to San Pedro for the cruise. Thanks again Drew

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
advice, airport, bc, beach, cruise, long, princess, review, seattle, seattlela, ship, shuttle, terminal, trip, vancouver