Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2010, 08:30 AM

We just returned from a Royal Caribbean cruise. I hope this information is helpful to anyone leaving from the Port of Miami.

We flew in the day before and stayed at the LaQuinta Hotel on LeJeune Road. It was great-clean, delicious breakfast and helpful staff. It is near the airport, but we could not hear the planes taking off or landing. The hotel provides free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the Port of Miami. Nice $$$ saver. If you are using their shuttle service to the port, sign up for a time when you register. We took a taxi to Bayside in the evening, $20 one way.

After the cruise we got in a long line for a taxi ride to the airport. We were told that there is a standard rate of $25 per taxi (not per person) from the port to the airport. The line was long. While waiting in line, a man from a shuttle service asked if we wanted a ride to the airport for the same cost as the taxi ($25 for two people). There were four couples who took advantage of the ride. I don't know the name of the company, but the shuttle was clean and delivered us to our terminal. There were several families waiting for the Royal Caribbean shuttle to take them to the airport, I believe they charge $20 per person and you had to make reservations in advance, that's what someone in line told us.

Happy Cruising.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:12 PM

Welcome home kls Hope you had a great time! Thank you so much for the information. There are so dang many hotels in Miami, it's great to hear a good report. We're going to stay at the Westin in Coral Gables. I know they don't have shuttle service from the airport or to the port, but the concierge told me what to expect in fares. Not too terribly bad. We have a friend who works for Star hotels up here, so we get a good rate on the room. Next time, we'll try the LaQuinta on LeJuene. Thanks a bunch!
Old 05-13-2010, 05:05 AM

We did a similar thing when we flew into Miami...but we stayed at the Marriot, Spring Hill Suites....all inclusive breakfast and shuttle to the Port for $147 for the two of us....can't go wrong with a brand name hotel, right!! Well, this was a Marriot, but not as we know it!! Definitely cheap and cheerful, the guy on the desk was helpful in that he got pizzas delivered for us,and the breakfast was fine. Shuttles a disaster though....the free one from the airport to the hotel took ages to arrive, and after I rang them three times....and the free shuttle to the Port didn't turn up on time so we had to pay for another. To be fair to the Marriot they did reimburse us the cost.Would I stay there again? Probably not...but I suppose you get what you pay for!

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, cruise, free, hill, hotel, hotels, marriott, miami, port, rates, royal, service, ship, shuttle, spring, taxi, transfers