Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Port Chat > Embarkation Ports, Hotels, and Transfers
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2009, 09:39 PM

Hi,

We are arriving a day before our cruise and plan on renting a car to tour FLL.

What will be the best option for us? Do we rent the car at the airport? Do they have hotels with free port shuttle? Can we drop off the car at the airport and easy and cheap catch a cab to the port? Thanks guys!!!
Old 06-24-2009, 02:41 AM

Hi,

before our last cruise from FLL we flew in at Miami International and rented a car from Alamo for a day. We returned it at the airport in FLL and they have a free shuttle to the port. People flying in or returning the car took the same shuttle.

Somebody sitting right next to me said that he first went to the port, dropped off the luggage and family, went to the airport, returned the rental car and now goes back to the port to check-in. That's an option too if you have a lot of luggage ...

Bye,
Heike
2009 Transatlantik mit Freedom otS
Old 06-24-2009, 08:55 AM

Hi toniandersson, orcahd has great advice. You can rent you car at the airport, then the next day, take your party and luggage to the port, return you car and grab the shuttle back to the port. Hope you have a marvelous time!
Old 06-29-2009, 06:55 AM

This time I take a direct fly from Frankfurt to Miami, there at the airport I ll rent a car from Alamo and after 3 days I ll give it back at the Alamo office at the airport, from there I want to grab the free shuttle to FLL cruise port. ( with all my luggage )
Heard some things may change in the past but I think thats the best way, and I hope they just offer that shuttleservice from the Airport to Cruise Port.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:36 AM

They still offer the shuttle service, it's a busy port.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:03 PM

Dinotoll, you did mean take the car back to the airport in Fort Lauderdale, I hope. If you drop the car in Miami, the ride is at least 45 minutes and I'm not sure if they offer a shuttle to Port Everglades from Miami. I thought you meant you would drop in Ft. Lauderale. Call your car rental company to make sure, if not see if they will charge you extra to drop in Ft. Lauderdale.

Closed Thread

Tags
alamo, cruise, fll, limosinfll, port, shuttle